Bye Daylight Savings Time

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Nov 5, 2013.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I forgot how much I hate delivering in the dark....and dark at 5 sucks :)

2. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

Oh, crap. Yeah, I need a flashlight.

3. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Agreed, but on the plus side, bigger paychecks.:happy-very:

4. I work inside and I hate it too. Walked in the building today and it felt like it was 10 o'clock at night. I'm used to daylight coming in through the skylights and the open bay doors. How many more days before we set the clocks forward???? They should just do away with DST. Does it really serve any purpose anymore?

5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

No facts, but I always thought it was so school kids weren't in the dark when they waited for the bus or walked to school. Kids still go to school. It always sounded good until you remember the months of the school year.

Read about it here....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

6. rod

rod retired and happy

A long as you are familiar with your route delivering in the dark isn't really a problem. In a way its more relaxing because I know when I was delivering cardboard I would shift into a slower speed as soon as the sun went down.

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

​Ive been delivering in the dark since June.

8. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

The only thing I do different is ring the bell at every delivery

​I know I know, "it's a method" but I've woke up too many babies and 3rd shifters doing it during the day

9. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

That's the thing...I dont have enough seniority for my own route so while I know several routes well... I only know house numbers on like 2 of them.

10. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Darkness doubles delivery troubles.

11. Whargoul

Whargoul Active Member

Yeah, I just started driving a few weeks ago and the other day I had to deliver in the dark for the first time - my flashlight died on me and I was so screwed because nobody has porch lights on my route. Sups weren't too happy but now I've been making sure I get everything done and I'm in by 5pm. I got this big LED spotlight for peak too.

12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I've been delivering in the dark a little before I made the 100k thread.

13. didyousheetit

didyousheetit Active Member

Only know 2 house numbers. Don't have many tracers do you? lol

14. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Add to that rain, drizzle, fog, and cold and damp. What we had all day today.

15. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Delivering in the dark is what it is. Just take your time and bring a spotlight or flashlight. Better get used to delivering in the dark for 4 or 5 hours during peak while getting those :censored2: whoopins lol.

16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

My paychecks are always the same size but the amount printed on them seems to sway.

17. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

Hell, i delivered in rain, sleet and snow today

18. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Im saying I know several routes well but two of the routes I know the house numbers without looking for the numbers on the houses and no I rarely have followups.

19. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I'd be happy if the devil's time went away forever.

20. DS

DS Fenderbender

My eyes are not what they used to be.I stop at 16:30 now and prerecord all my remaining stops.
    I attatch info notices to sig req pkgs,in case no one is home.