Cadillac Health Care Plan

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i believe a 12% sales tax is enough. why should it be 23%. let the bastards in charge of this country do without for a change.

the beauty of this is that it rewards saving. it also raises an additional half trillion taxes on those that dont pay taxes

problems will arrise though when you start exempting things from sales tax.

you know cars will be, as who can afford a new car when the tax alone on the purchase will be 7-10 grand.

food should be, as it really hits home to those that dont pay income tax right now, are having a hard time making ends meet, and you add a 23% increase in cost of groceries.

services? are you going to tax services? after all, your healthcare costs are already high, wanna add another 23%?

so while simple, and beauty is in simplicity, the devil is in the details.

d

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
23% national sales tax

no income tax

no payroll taxes
In one way it's fair but in another way it's regressive. Even though everyone will pay the same, the poor will pay a higher percentage of their income. If I remember correctly Fairtax addresses this by giving a rebate of some kind to people below a certain income level, but the middle class will still get screwed while the wealthy make out like bandits.

island1fox

Half? I don't think there is a 50% tax bracket but I know what your trying to say. Your friends need to find some loop holes (tax write offs).

:happy-very:Unionman,
You are part of the problem. You do not know what you pay in taxes.
For one year please track this: Your Federal tax --State Tax--City Tax --Sales Tax --Sin TAX --Property Tax --Gasoline Tax ---Tolls, Car Registrations, Boat Registrations,Hunting license, Fishing License etc, etc,

Tell me you pay less than 50%???????????

Time for America to wake up --All the politiciams live like Royalty -----feeding off of our hard work !!!!!:angry:

mnnice

I have read most of these responses and I have one question to ask. Has anyone asked the general public what they think of the Health Care deal that you got from the government? The reason I ask is because the general public pay your wages and they are frustrated.

The reason for the frustration is because they are the ones that will be paying your portion of the health care bill. They are not only paying your high wages, but now they have to pay for your "Cadillac Health Care Deal".

Some of you have indicated that government doesn't listen. Are you listening to the general public? UPS can afford a lot of things, but the bottom line is the customer or general public will determine when UPS is successful or not.

This isn't a positive deal in the publics eyes. Everyone needs to take a step back and listen before it is to late.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
island, you forgot another part

the taxes ups pays on your behalf. you only pay part of the taxes, ups gets to ante up more on behalf of every employee.

if you add up all the taxes you pay, your employer pays on your behalf, you would find the average taxpayer is in the 60% range.

union, you have always suggested that it is we that need to be open about what is going on and discuss the validity of our stand with one another.

i have an open mind. i have seen what the powers that be are trying to do to this great nation. and it aint pretty. and the bastards doing it are both dems and republicans. money had corrupted our government.

as a side note, i do see the lawsuit brought by hil. clintoon was won at the supreme court today. the ruling will allow no limits to election contributions when it comes to ads.

so before you libs spin this one as another corp victory, remember, it was one of your pres candidates that did it, not corp america.

gee i love it when they blow their own leg off and wonder why they cant walk straight:happy-very:

d

Not too long ago, I read somewhere ( I forget the source) that the average citizen that earns $50k per year is paying close to 62% of his base pay in taxes. That includes the ones that Island1 mentioned.

steeltoe

In one way it's fair but in another way it's regressive. Even though everyone will pay the same, the poor will pay a higher percentage of their income. If I remember correctly Fairtax addresses this by giving a rebate of some kind to people below a certain income level, but the middle class will still get screwed while the wealthy make out like bandits.

Everyone needs to read the book. The poor will not pay a higher percentage of their income. Every family will receive a prebate based on the cost of neccesaties of life. This prebate is based on the poverty level of income.

The basic concept is not that items that cost $100.00 now will have a 23% tax. We now pay what is called inbedded taxes for all products. These are the taxes that are paid to make products. Companies will no longer have payroll taxes. This will drive the cost of a $100.00 pair of tennis shoes down to about $82.00 because it no longer takes as much to make the $100.00 pair of tennis shoes. You may now pay a little over $100.00 for the shoes, but you bring home your entire paycheck.

How can this not be a great idea? Think of all the guys cutting grass, working on homes, etc for cash under the table. They now have to pay taxes on everything they buy. More revenue that has never been collected. think of the people that visit this country on vacation. They now have to pay taxes on goods. It is a win -win.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Everyone needs to read the book. The poor will not pay a higher percentage of their income. Every family will receive a prebate based on the cost of neccesaties of life. This prebate is based on the poverty level of income.
steel

to every man acording to his needs, from each acording to his ability.

Im glad that you think the gooberment gets to decide who gets a "prebate" and who does not. yeah, i know, its suposedly based on the poverty level of income.

but the problem lies with the 23%. that very number tells me that they intend to keep on with the spending and bs that is currently hamstringing our country's economy.

Think of all the guys cutting grass, working on homes, etc for cash under the table. They now have to pay taxes on everything they buy. More revenue that has never been collected. think of the people that visit this country on vacation. They now have to pay taxes on goods. It is a win -win.
you live in a dream world.

as a business owner, you would be suprised to know just how many people want to bypass sales tax now, and here it is at 9.5%. and you think they are going to gladly pay 23%?

rather, there ought to be a combination of taxes, one that actually spreads the burden of the costs on those that consume the goods and services.

the problem is, there will be so many exemptions for certain classes of people that the system will never be a "fair tax"

d

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

The basic concept is not that items that cost $100.00 now will have a 23% tax. We now pay what is called inbedded taxes for all products. These are the taxes that are paid to make products. Companies will no longer have payroll taxes. This will drive the cost of a $100.00 pair of tennis shoes down to about $82.00 because it no longer takes as much to make the $100.00 pair of tennis shoes. You may now pay a little over $100.00 for the shoes, but you bring home your entire paycheck.

How can this not be a great idea? Think of all the guys cutting grass, working on homes, etc for cash under the table. They now have to pay taxes on everything they buy. More revenue that has never been collected. think of the people that visit this country on vacation. They now have to pay taxes on goods. It is a win -win.
Only those living below the poverty line will get a "prebate". You and I will not, we will pay a 23% tax on our food, clothing, and other essential items just the same as Warren Buffet, the difference being that that 23% tax will represent a much higher percentage of our income than it does of his. That's why I said it was regressive. If you're currently a millionaire in a high tax bracket with a lot of capital gains, the Fairtax is a wonderful idea because it represents a massive tax cut for you. If you're a middle class guy with a mortgage and a car payment and a 401k, it's probably gonna be six of one a half dozen of the other compared to the current system.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
If you're currently a millionaire in a high tax bracket with a lot of capital gains, the Fairtax is a wonderful idea because it represents a massive tax cut for you. If you're a middle class guy with a mortgage and a car payment and a 401k, it's probably gonna be six of one a half dozen of the other compared to the current system.
what about someone that is not quite low enough for poverty, but has 6 kids mouths to feed.

the poverty line is an interesting line. only when you try to actually find it do you realize what all is involved in saying someone lives below the poverty level.

and again, it leaves our non elected officials to make that determination.

d

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
what about someone that is not quite low enough for poverty, but has 6 kids mouths to feed.

the poverty line is an interesting line. only when you try to actually find it do you realize what all is involved in saying someone lives below the poverty level.

and again, it leaves our non elected officials to make that determination.

d
I agree. Basically it favors those who can save and invest, because that money wont be taxed. If you live paycheck to paycheck spending all your income on housing and feeding your family, you will pay a 23% tax on every dollar you earn.