California deficit

P

pickup

Moreluck:

Look at all the future cost savings, though :

An employee after such a surgery brings in a lot of savings:

- Will never have children under the employers health insurance.
Wrong!, they can adopt
- Will never go on maturity leave
Wrong on both counts, it's maternity leave and adoption under fmla will give them just as much time
- Will never have children going into the educational system
Wrong, as adoption covers that
- Will never need to call in sick, because of it's ill child at home
- Will never get tax reductions based on children
- Will never be a dead beat parent (where the state has to pay welfare for single parents with children)
- Will never need to go to the companies (city's) sponsored childrens x-mas party

-probably many more savings.....(I haven't thought up that quickly).

In matter of fact More, you would probably be for it, if they did it to hispanic people - that way they couldn't reproduce !

basically adoption negates all of your arguments. As well as the fact that these people before their surgery could have had children the natural way.

Plain and simple, gender change is ELECTIVE, I DO NOT think tax payer's money should pay for elective surgery. period.
nor do I feel insurance companies should be forced to pay either.

klein

Für Meno :)
Plain and simple, gender change is ELECTIVE, I DO NOT think tax payer's money should pay for elective surgery. period.
nor do I feel insurance companies should be forced to pay either.

Others would call it a birth-defect, maybe even a disease, because some are truely born with the wrong organs.
So, what's the other option ?

Leave them the way they were born, and treat them with anti-depressions, perhaps some physcratic help, their entire life long ?
Which would cost more then $20K.

Or let them live a normal life (as they would say), have a man and woman relationship, instead of joining the gay community (which still doesn't make them feel at place).
Besides, future healthcare costs would be lower, then living a homosexual lifestyle, and as explained in my prior post.

Other countries have recognized this "birth-defect", and are treating it, free of charge.

Here the sugery is only $10.000.
And, I truely believe for $10K, the benefits outweigh that initial surgery cost.
Not only future healthcare costs savings for these individuals, but also the benefits for the society all around.

But, I do admit, it should be done, case by case.
If you end up with a muscular woman with a deep man's voice, and facial hair growth, then no, that's just not right.
But if they are already femine, and were born with the wrong organs (birth-defect), - yes , sure - they need it !
(vice versa as well, ofcourse).

Others would call it a birth-defect, maybe even a disease, because some are truely born with the wrong organs.
So, what's the other option ?

Leave them the way they were born, and treat them with anti-depressions, perhaps some physcratic help, their entire life long ?
Which would cost more then $20K.

Or let them live a normal life (as they would say), have a man and woman relationship, instead of joining the gay community (which still doesn't make them feel at place).
Besides, future healthcare costs would be lower, then living a homosexual lifestyle, and as explained in my prior post.

Other countries have recognized this "birth-defect", and are treating it, free of charge.

Here the sugery is only $10.000.
And, I truely believe for $10K, the benefits outweigh that initial surgery cost.
Not only future healthcare costs savings for these individuals, but also the benefits for the society all around.

But, I do admit, it should be done, case by case.
If you end up with a muscular woman with a deep man's voice, and facial hair growth, then no, that's just not right.
But if they are already femine, and were born with the wrong organs (birth-defect), - yes , sure - they need it !
(vice versa as well, ofcourse).
As far as I know, there is no data that supports this is a birth defect. I won't argue the details with you for I know it is a waste of my time. IMO, the only answer is, if they want gender change surgery, they can save up the money and pay for it themselves.

There are some people that believe they can't live a "normal" life without hair on their head.
I was born with bald genes, when I reached puberty my hair started falling out, should I expect to have insurance or tax payer money to have hair follicle transplants ? NO I shouldn't.

Sometimes people just have to accept what is or fix it it themselves.
BTW, nowhere did I saqy they shouldn't have the surgery, just that it isn't the tax payers that should pay for it.

Oh and BTW, the jury is still out on whether they were born with the wrong organs or the wrong hormones. You can find studies that say either argument you want,.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Trp...if you move to Canada, I'm pretty sure you could get all your hair plug surgery covered. They cover everything in Canada, eh?

Trp...if you move to Canada, I'm pretty sure you could get all your hair plug surgery covered. They cover everything in Canada, eh?
I can think of nothing in the world that would convince me to move to Canada. If I were told today that I could ake up in the morning with a full head of hair, I would respectfully decline. Not only do I not have much hair on my head, I don't need any either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can think of nothing in the world that would convince me to move to Canada. If I were told today that I could ake up in the morning with a full head of hair, I would respectfully decline. Not only do I not have much hair on my head, I don't need any either.

Tex, don't base your opinion of Canada on anything Klein has said or is going to say. Canada is a beautiful country.

klein

Für Meno :)
Thanks Upstate, and here a brief description from an American point of view, for those that have never been here, nor have little knowlege about thier neighbors to the north :

[video=youtube;bV_041oYDjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV_041oYDjg[/video]

P

pickup

Thanks Upstate, and here a brief description from an American point of view, for those that have never been here, nor have little knowlege about thier neighbors to the north :

What are you thanking him for? You can't take any credit for the beauty of Canada. What's next? People are going to start remarking on how pretty sunsets are and you're going to take credit for that too?

What are you thanking him for? You can't take any credit for the beauty of Canada. What's next? People are going to start remarking on how pretty sunsets are and you're going to take credit for that too?

It`s like the gun quote in the Tuscon thread.

Canadians don`t make you hate Canada. Annoying Edmontonians do.

Tex, don't base your opinion of Canada on anything Klein has said or is going to say. Canada is a beautiful country.
It's complicated, If I were to move to Canada there is a chance (how ever so slight) that I would have to go to prison for murder, ya never know who ya might run into, and I would just as soon not do that.
Ahhh, OK I was just kidding about that. It's not really all that complicated, I won't move to Amarillo it's too far north for me. I am a died in the cotton (we grow that here ya know) Texan and I hate...no...HATE friggin snow and cold. Those are two things Canada are noted for. I'm sure Canada has some very beautiful scenery, so does Grand Cayman and it's warm there most of the time.
As far as worrying about what anyone says, I just enjoy smackin' em around a little when they say something totally stupid.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's complicated, If I were to move to Canada there is a chance (how ever so slight) that I would have to go to prison for murder, ya never know who ya might run into, and I would just as soon not do that.
Ahhh, OK I was just kidding about that. It's not really all that complicated, I won't move to Amarillo it's too far north for me. I am a died in the cotton (we grow that here ya know) Texan and I hate...no...HATE friggin snow and cold. Those are two things Canada are noted for. I'm sure Canada has some very beautiful scenery, so does Grand Cayman and it's warm there most of the time.
As far as worrying about what anyone says, I just enjoy smackin' em around a little when they say something totally stupid.

I agree with you about Amarillo which, to me, is just a big truck stop off of I-40.