california lunch class action

canon

Excellent. Short on wording but a concession speech none the less.
If that's what you need to tell yourself so that we can move on, that's fine. As I said, people read the posts for themselves and don't need your interpretation to help make up their minds.

To me, you're small potatoes. Maybe if you bought a bigger clip on tie I might be able to muster up some respect for you.

Nah, probably not.
:lol:

trickpony1

That's another problem. I suspect they were a lot like you when you applied.

IOW, they didn't present themselves as delicate slugs that can't stay out past 8pm.

No, they presented themselves as motivated, professional, dedicated adults that would do whatever was needed to get the job done.

It just turns out later that they were unmotivated, delicate slugs all along and misrepresented themselves.

I'd consider that a form of theft and fraud. I'd try to get the legal department to figure out a way to fire them and sue them for all the pay and benefits they fraudulently obtained.

Of course that'd require some initiative on their part so I think you're relatively safe for now.

"Our" (there's that word again) company doesn't hire angry, hateful and bitter people......they become that way after working here a short time.

As far as the readers knowing the score?........I'd say it's somewhere in the ballpark of:

canon 5
Tieguy 0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Very cute....
While the majority of the world is at home eating dinner with their families, our lovely team in brown still has 30 stops left. January 26th it was 11 degrees outside, I know I delivered till 8 while I am sure you sat on your FAT :censored2: looking at your computer till 4. The drivers work for what they get paid hense the word JOB. I dont blame the drunks that work for UPS I blame the A@@ho!es who hired them.

Hope you have a nice weekend.
I too worked til 8, well 740 I think. My count was missed by 25, high of course. Im sure that will come out to about 8.4 but it took 10. It was cold,(15) it was snowing, my floors were like grease, and my step, was almost unwalkable, but I did it safely, serviced all pkgs, and didnt get hurt. How much is that worth at the end of a day? I dont blame my boss, as he thought I had 112, but since no one looks at the preload communication cards, and why do they ask us our stop count and eta at 3pm, when they should know our stop count, who is to blame? Only us it seems. All I know is it was a horrid day, and If I had no misloads, it would have been a better day, but I did what was asked of me, and Monday I will see on paper how bad I was. No one will account for the weather, how I have to fix mistakes others made, its always my fault. Nope I didnt skip lunch or breaks, although I did take about 10 minutes 4xs that day to clean the snow off my step, and scrape the ice off the floors. I just worked the best I could. Safely, and I got to go home. A++ for me.
(only an associate degree, Im sure someone with a bachelors, or no education, could have done better) And they should consider themselves so lucky to make 20+ dollars an hour. (sarcasm intended)
I hear the loader likes to hear himself talk, I like the guy, but when he wont shut the friend* up and do his job, and it affects me, Its over. I will be there in the early am, to hear him talk. If he had a bad day also, thats fine, but sounds to me like he yakked thru an entire trailer, if Im going to be punished for his performance, then he needs to be held accountable also. No its not all over once we are out of the building, its just starting guys.

tieguy

Banned
If that's what you need to tell yourself so that we can move on, that's fine. As I said, people read the posts for themselves and don't need your interpretation to help make up their minds.

To me, you're small potatoes. Maybe if you bought a bigger clip on tie I might be able to muster up some respect for you.

Nah, probably not.
:lol:

And you'll be the guy that has managements foot up your rear the rest of your career. An honest driver like you claim to be would have apologized for your first dishonesty and moved on. Instead you kept piling on one dishonesty after another. A real slime ball with the truth. You should have left with one of those management guys who got canned for lying.

helenofcalifornia

You know Tie, in our region center managers get about $700 a month to spend at their digression. The center manager with the high morale buys his drivers and part timers breakfast on Fridays with his $700. The other center manager with the low morale workers chooses not to spend this money at all. A little effort by one manager and no effort by another manager. Hmmmm....
And I don't want to hear how well-paid we are. It's management style. Some have it, some learn it, and some are just clueless and argumentative and will never learn what works to motivate people to want to perform at a higher standard.

canon

And you'll be the guy that has managements foot up your rear the rest of your career. An honest driver like you claim to be would have apologized for your first dishonesty and moved on. Instead you kept piling on one dishonesty after another. A real slime ball with the truth. You should have left with one of those management guys who got canned for lying.
You're still talking about the other thread? I told you I was giving you last word. You say I lied, everyone read it and can decide for themselves. You trashed the drivers, and continue to do so just because they aren't "taking your side". It couldn't possibly be that you're wrong eh? Nah, ties are never wrong.

Move on tie, you're not getting an apology from me as I've done nothing other than state facts that you wish weren't publicly discussed. And as far as being one of the guys with mgmt's foot up my butt for my whole career? Yeah... that's part of the problem. Like I said, the numbers are unrealistic. No matter how hard you work, it's never enough and some mgmt view all the drivers as drunk pervs who steal. Not just me... you've heard drivers here complaining about the same thing. Maybe that's not the case in the glass bubble where you work, but it's a reality elsewhere.

Your attitude toward drivers is pure arrogance. Just to reiterate, you're small potatoes to me. Continue talking about it, you're only making yourself look childish on top of already having shown your true colors to the people here who thought you were different. Like I said, Google the definition of transparent. We're not going to agree. Grow up and move on.

tieguy

Banned
"Our" (there's that word again) company doesn't hire angry, hateful and bitter people......they become that way after working here a short time.

As far as the readers knowing the score?........I'd say it's somewhere in the ballpark of:

canon 5
Tieguy 0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent Trickpony siding with the liar. Does not surprise me at all. Your unions legacy is built on dishonesty as the current CS mess shows.

tieguy

Banned
You know Tie, in our region center managers get about $700 a month to spend at their digression. The center manager with the high morale buys his drivers and part timers breakfast on Fridays with his $700. The other center manager with the low morale workers chooses not to spend this money at all. A little effort by one manager and no effort by another manager. Hmmmm....
And I don't want to hear how well-paid we are. It's management style. Some have it, some learn it, and some are just clueless and argumentative and will never learn what works to motivate people to want to perform at a higher standard.

Helen dispite yours and Cujos best efforts to deny this basic fact there is no 700 rule. For your center manager to buy your center breakfast he has to have his district manager sign off an approval form. The DM won't sign it unless you're making your numbers. When you guys learn to listen you may actually learn something.

tieguy

Banned
You're still talking about the other thread? I told you I was giving you last word. You say I lied, everyone read it and can decide for themselves. You trashed the drivers, and continue to do so just because they aren't "taking your side". It couldn't possibly be that you're wrong eh? Nah, ties are never wrong.

Your lies are there in bold print.

Move on tie, you're not getting an apology from me as I've done nothing other than state facts that you wish weren't publicly discussed.

Translation Tie please help me. I cujo am as dishonest as the management I saw get fired. Please don't point it out to anyone. Pleae let me cujo get away with my dishonesty.

And as far as being one of the guys with mgmt's foot up my butt for my whole career? Yeah... that's part of the problem.

And now at least you know why. Because you have no integrity. At least we were able to answer that question once your lying ran its course.

Like I said, the numbers are unrealistic. No matter how hard you work, it's never enough and some mgmt view all the drivers as drunk pervs who steal. Not just me...

Sounds like a problem that is endemic to your building. We should probably fire everyone in it and start over.

you've heard drivers here complaining about the same thing. Maybe that's not the case in the glass bubble where you work, but it's a reality elsewhere.

Yes I've seen you beg the other drivers here to support your dishonesty because you can't stand on your own two feet.

Your attitude toward drivers is pure arrogance.

ACtually you should rephrase that my attitude towards dishonest drivers like you is pure arrogance. I treat the good ones with respect.

Just to reiterate, you're small potatoes to me. Continue talking about it, you're only making yourself look childish on top of already having shown your true colors to the people here who thought you were different.

Lets be honest our relationship is past me caring whether you think I'm small potatoes or big potatoes. I caught you in a blatant lie and I will beat you silly with it no matter how much you whine.

Like I said, Google the definition of transparent. We're not going to agree. Grow up and move on.

Translation please let me and my lies about you escape. Don't think so. You're every bit as dishonest as those management folks you made fun of.

helenofcalifornia

I would love to know where you work, Tie, what kind of people you work with, and their attitudes to you if you speak to them in the same way you do here. Dude, you just have to get the last word in, don't you. You HAVE to respond to this, don't you, you can't let it go, come on, I know you want to say something don't you? You can't let it go....Come on Tie, say something mean and disparaging about UPS. Because when you knock the drivers, you are knocking your employer too.