California No to Trans Fat but yes to Marijuana.

ups1990

Where else but in here in California, can the state tell its residents not to eat Trans fat from say french fries because it might kill you, yet legalize Marijuana. Companies like Mcdonalds are getting heat from politicians to cut the TF from food it sells. Yes, our kids eat way too much fatty foods causing Diabetes at an earlier age and so we have curtail some of the foods we serve our children.
These same politicians are trying to leaglize all use of Marijuana for residents. Does anyone here know of a person who operates better high? Meaning, can a person drive better or be more productive at work while high on the stuff? I do not know of such person. On the one hand the state wants to curtail our choice to eat trans fat but allow me to get high on weed that will make want to buy the fatty fries.

DS

Fenderbender
Where else but in here in California, can the state tell its residents not to eat Trans fat from say french fries because it might kill you, yet legalize Marijuana. Companies like Mcdonalds are getting heat from politicians to cut the TF from food it sells. Yes, our kids eat way too much fatty foods causing Diabetes at an earlier age and so we have curtail some of the foods we serve our children.
These same politicians are trying to leaglize all use of Marijuana for residents. Does anyone here know of a person who operates better high? Meaning, can a person drive better or be more productive at work while high on the stuff? I do not know of such person. On the one hand the state wants to curtail our choice to eat trans fat but allow me to get high on weed that will make want to buy the fatty fries.

Where do you get the high at work stuff? Of course its use will not be tolerated when someone is working.The money wasted in the courts for small amounts of pot for personal use will be financially beneficial to your police department and they can find the real bad guys.However after a joint or two you may be compelled to not go to KFC and trans fat yourself to death,but to do popcorn ,almonds,pretzels,corn chips,and triscuits with peanut butter or cheese instead:mellow:

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't get it either ! The big issue of Transfat fried foods is simple : 1 in cooked in lard, the other in oil.
Transfats are kinda banned here too... (kinda, because they recommended every restaurant to switch to oil deep frying, instead of lard deep frying).
No big fuss here about it. Lard deep frying has basically vanished.

tieguy

Banned
one of the dangers with the legalization of pot is that californians may get the munchies and kill theirselves with trans fat laden cookies.:happy2:

ups1990

The point is, for one don't smoke pot or any other drug, but that certain people would have you believe that they need to protect you from yourself, regarding what you put inside your pie hole, yet allow you to monitor your own pot consumption.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
how to have both;
http://www.smokingwithstyle.com/cripplingchip.htm
How to Make - Crippling Chip Cookies
(Pot Cookies)

Ingredients
for Pot Cookies:

1/2 cup pot-butter
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 (12 ounce) package (2 cups) of chocolate morsels​

Directions:
1)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Mix (by hand) the butter, sugars, and egg into a large bowl.
3) Combine the baking soda, salt, and flour.
4) Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir by hand.
5) Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them two inches apart on a greased cookie sheet
6) Stir in the chocolate morsels.
7) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
8) Hungry? Let cool for 3 or 4 minutes and grub.​
Makes 20 Pot Cookies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As DS said, legalizing small amounts of pot will free up the court system to focus on more important issues. This will also provide another tax revenue source for California. Pot for personal consumption has medicinal value.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think you're conflating two issues that aren't really analogous. One is a regulation that governs how restaurants prepare food for public consumption, the other is a law that criminalizes individual behavior. If you're bound and determined to eat foods cooked in trans fat, get yourself a deep fryer and a tub of lard and have at it, there's no law about how you prepare your own food.

browndevil

It's a no brainer McDonalds isn't food. There is NO nutritional value at McDonalds. Ever wonder why kids are suffering deseases they shouldn't see until their 40s , or at all high blood pressure, high cholesteral etc.
Pot on the other hand has proven affects to cancer patients to aid in their appetite when going through chemo.
I don't smoke pot and I won't if it becomes legal in California. But there are people who may benefit from its legalization. And that I am for

ups1990

It's a no brainer McDonalds isn't food. There is NO nutritional value at McDonalds. Ever wonder why kids are suffering deseases they shouldn't see until their 40s , or at all high blood pressure, high cholesteral etc.
Pot on the other hand has proven affects to cancer patients to aid in their appetite when going through chemo.
I don't smoke pot and I won't if it becomes legal in California. But there are people who may benefit from its legalization. And that I am for
Is there a benefit to smoking? Here in California, smoking is not outlawed. Should we also ban people from smoking or eating anything fried because it's bad for us.

browndevil

You know the answer to that. You ever wonder why we are sicker, smoking, eating crap in the guise of food, non moving childhood games i.e. video games, computer games. When I was a kid we rode our bikes and played outside until the street lights came on. When I got home mom cooked a well balanced non processed food meal. And we wonder why healthcare costs are rising.....I'm thinking because we don't eat nutritional food and exercise less

tieguy

Banned
Is there a benefit to smoking? Here in California, smoking is not outlawed. Should we also ban people from smoking or eating anything fried because it's bad for us.

I think thats a great idea. If we're really seriously concerned about Health care cost. If we're really concerned about pulblic health then outlaw cigarettes instead of taxing them and taxpayers to death.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I think thats a great idea. If we're really seriously concerned about Health care cost. If we're really concerned about pulblic health then outlaw cigarettes instead of taxing them and taxpayers to death.

And "TAX" is why it wont be outlawed. If our Govt can make a buck off something by taxing it then they will. Soda, chips, candy will be taxed soon. The internet is next...

tourists24

absolutely correct.... heck why stop there? Maybe we should outlaw candy bars, potato chips, cake, ice cream, etc.....