California

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Hire a burger flipper from McD , they have all the skills needed .
Have you ever had a fast food job?

I had.

When I was 15.

It wasn't easy.

I wish my side had more respect for working folk.

You are making the democrats argument for them.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Faced with California's worsening drought and shrinking local water supplies, Santa Barbara is looking to the sea for salvation. The coastal city is prepared to spend upward of $40 million to reactivate a mothballed seawater desalination plant that opened in 1992 and shut down just three months later.

Saltwater desalination is an energy-intensive process, and the Santa Barbara mayor said it could raise the costs of the city's water to about five times as much as it normally pays for reservoir water. "It's definitely a costly option," she said. "No water is a worse option."

The largest seawater desalination plant is the United States is currently being built in Carlsbad, a town in north San Diego County. It will supply only about 7 percent of the county's water needs. The facility cost nearly $1 billion and is on track to open in the fall.

Maybe installing a pipeline from Alaska would be cheaper ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Shower_Limit.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's see .
No water = no farming jobs .
No water = dried up waterways ; no boats rides , no fishing .
The GNP for CA. will decrease .
So when the jobs dry up , where will all the cheap foreign labor go ?

rickyb

Let's see .
No water = no farming jobs .
No water = dried up waterways ; no boats rides , no fishing .
The GNP for CA. will decrease .
So when the jobs dry up , where will all the cheap foreign labor go ?
america gets alot of its food from california...gonna cause more increases in food prices.

and dont count on your wages rising either

MAKAVELI

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/
California Agricultural Exports
In 2013, California's agricultural exports amounted to $21.24 billion in value, representing a 15 percent increase over the previous year. In terms of value, California's top three agricultural exports are almonds, dairy and dairy products, and wine. California's share of total US Agricultural exports for 2013 was 14.7 percent or slightly more than the 13.1 percent share reported the previous year.

USDA/NASS Crop Year Report
In 2013, the most recent year for which a full crop year report is available, California's 77,900 farms and ranches received $46.4 billion for their output.

California's agricultural abundance includes more than 400 commodities. The state produces nearly half of US-grown fruits, nuts and vegetables. Across the nation, US consumers regularly purchase several crops produced solely in California.

California's top-ten valued commodities for 2013 are:

Milk — $7.6 billionAlmonds — $5.8 billionGrapes — $5.6 billionCattle, Calves — $3.05 billionStrawberries — $2.2 billionWalnuts — $1.8 billionLettuce — $1.7 billionHay — $1.6 billionTomatoes — $1.2 billionNursery plants— $1.2 billion