Call hotline or not?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not necessarily. It depends on the issue.

Certain things, take precedent.... over invoking the grievance procedure (first).

-Bug-

Correct.

Harassment issues. They will let it go through the grievance procedure.

Integrity issues. They will cover it up.

Workplace violence issues. They will investigate immediately even before the grievance is heard. Not saying that they won't try and diffuse the situation or try and cover it up, but if the Steward witnessed the center manager saying that he will hang you, UPS may have no mercy on him.

They will try and say that the center manager didn't mean it literally, that he just used the expression to mean that you will be in a heapload of trouble, but he did say it.

Either way, if the OP sticks to his guns about feeling physically threatened, the center manager should at least be transferred, but may not be terminated.

If he said that he was going to get and rope and hang you, he will be terminated.

He will swear it was just an expression, but the wrath of Corporate may still come down on him.

10 point

Correct.

Harassment issues. They will let it go through the grievance procedure.

Integrity issues. They will cover it up.

Workplace violence issues. They will investigate immediately even before the grievance is heard. Not saying that they won't try and diffuse the situation or try and cover it up, but if the Steward witnessed the center manager saying that he will hang you, UPS may have no mercy on him.

They will try and say that the center manager didn't mean it literally, that he just used the expression to mean that you will be in a heapload of trouble, but he did say it.

Either way, if the OP sticks to his guns about feeling physically threatened, the center manager should at least be transferred, but may not be terminated.

If he said that he was going to get and rope and hang you, he will be terminated.

He will swear it was just an expression, but the wrath of Corporate may still come down on him.
That's pie in the sky my friend.

If it's an hourly allegedly "threatening" they'll terminate the employee without hesitation.

I have seen them turn their heads on blatant threats and threatening behavior from management that's worse than what the hourly did by far.

I have no faith in the company dealing with their own violent actions like they do any alleged or "veiled" threat from an bargaining unit worker.

10 point

The first step should be a face to face meeting with all involved.
Bull.

If there's menacing and threats the company should terminate either side of the altercation and it isn't a proven remedy because it's only used against the hourly by our experience.

There's a recent case that comes to mind.

Call the cops right after it happens and they'll have the face to face meeting. Period.

10 point

You ever read the company's "zero tolerance" policy on workplace violence?

Zero tolerance for management does not mean zero. It's whatever they can get by with.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You ever read the company's "zero tolerance" policy on workplace violence?

Zero tolerance for management does not mean zero. It's whatever they can get by with.
Passing some kidney stones
My wife asked if there was anything she could do to make me feel better
I replied with fervid anticipation, "If I could nibble on your nipples, I would feel much better".
Through her furrowed brows, I received a non-verbal communication that
I did not get by with it.

10 point

Passing some kidney stones
My wife asked if there was anything she could do to make me feel better
I replied with fervid anticipation, "If I could nibble on your nipples, I would feel much better".
Through her furrowed brows, I received a non-verbal communication that
I did not get by with it.
Check your contract first before asserting your request. That helps the kidney stones pass...as she applies pressure on your derrière with her phalanges.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If there's no nipple nibbling allowed maybe she'll share some of your peanuts with you?
Gross and kinky -
2-red-x-transp2_800.png

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's pie in the sky my friend.

If it's an hourly allegedly "threatening" they'll terminate the employee without hesitation.

I have seen them turn their heads on blatant threats and threatening behavior from management that's worse than what the hourly did by far.

I have no faith in the company dealing with their own violent actions like they do any alleged or "veiled" threat from an bargaining unit worker.

I have seen it also. UPS will say that he didn't really mean what he said. But they will not fire him right away, as they would do with us. And they may not fire him at all.

Two sets of standards. Zero tolerance for workplace violence for employees, but management can do what they want. I have always said that this is why it will always be an us vs. them.

I also did say the first phone call should be to the local police.

timesup

The holiness is a joke.Have talked to many folks in our ctr who have called and nothing is done.why waste our breath, it's all a cover up.