Call tag sheeted "No English "

NXA

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt posting picture(s) of company material grounds for termination?
Ooooh I didn't consider that; thank you to the mods!

I got the packages ok. As it turns out, dumb is dumb in any language.

In other news, folks from non Latin countries get mildly offended when you switch to Spanish. I've made the mistake, and had a helper a couple years ago who made the mistake loudly and slowly (to an Iranian), so I usually play in English only.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was in the Air Force I spent a year in Sicily. We had local nationals who would come in and clean our office. Most of us tried to learn the basics of Italian, which is much like Spanish, but our boss thought that if he talked slower and louder that they would understand what he was trying to say.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My Grandfather told this story. They (the kids) would get yelled at if they spoke German. Both parents were native German speakers but quickly learned English and were proud of it.

Zero government benefits either. Work or don't eat.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I had 11 boxes for an Asian family yesterday. I think 3 generations were living in 1 house. Anyways, grandma opened the garage door for me, I was making 3 trips with the 2 wheeler and in loud, slow English said, "please leave the door open."

She kept saying, "OK, OK."

and shut the garage door.

Thankfully, one of the grandkids (I think) was home and opened the garage door again. Then a bunch more came out and grabbed the rest of the boxes so I only had to make 2 trips.

nice.

I assume you mean some kind of celestials/orientals. From what I understand that has something to do with their culture where it's considered rude/insulting to tell a guest "no". So when they don't understand you, they literally just "yes you to death".

And BTW - it's "hand truck", not "two wheeler". Speak American or GTFO!

:villagewrong:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When my wife's grandmother would get riled she would cuss in English, Italian, and Hungarian all in the same sentence.

Indecisi0n

79f166aedbab0d1627d00bf7efaa137b.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
I assume you mean some kind of celestials/orientals. From what I understand that has something to do with their culture where it's considered rude/insulting to tell a guest "no". So when they don't understand you, they literally just "yes you to death".

And BTW - it's "hand truck", not "two wheeler". Speak American or GTFO!

:villagewrong:

Its a two wheeler in this neck of the woods also-------speak English or GTFO

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When my wife's grandmother would get riled she would cuss in English, Italian, and Hungarian all in the same sentence.
My father in law still curses in Italian from time to time. Ok he's 100% Sicilian who am I kidding. He frequently gets mad and curses in Italian.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can he say anything in Italian without cursing? Or even more so, can he talk without using his hands?
None of the kids speak Italian so I don't hear it often. Occasionally his brother and him will talk a little in it. I think it's one of those if he went there in a short period it would all come back but doesn't get used much daily.

If he is really mad it's not his hands you have to worry about. It's what's in his hands....