Call Tags in EDD

AKCoverMan

It seems in my center that having call tags show up in EDD is very hit and miss. Some days all the tags I have are in EDD, sometimes only a portion, and some days none at all. It's annoying.

Does this happpen in your center? I have asked about this many times and nobody seems to know how call tags get into EDD in the first place. Is there someone out there who can explain how the process is supposed to work?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I missed six commercial call tags one day last week for a stop, because I forgot I had them till late in the day and they weren't in EDD.
They tried to act like it was all my fault, but was able to convince them that they had some culpability.

1080Driver

Same here, last Monday I had a Damage CT (not in EDD) & picked it up. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday I had dupes for it and sheeted the Ref-Dup each time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our morning OMS clerk inputs the call tags in to EDD. You would think that with call tags being processed electronically it would be easy to have the added to EDD electronically. I have also forgotten that I had call tags. If I am unable to go back to the stop I will complete the call tags using Find BC and pick the packages up the following day.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
..... I have also forgotten that I had call tags. If I am unable to go back to the stop I will complete the call tags using Find BC and pick the packages up the following day.

Wait a minute. Explain just what you're doing here, because it sounds to me as though you are taking credit for a stop you didn't make.

QKRSTKR

Pick the packages up and have them print out the call tags at the center.
Exactly. If the customer wants a receipt then bring it the next day or you can do ni1. But to sheet it up away from the stop as a duplicate could be considered falsifying records. Or to record them as picked up wouldn't be good either. If you record them picked up wednesday but don't actually get the pkgs till Thursday, that's a service failure. They didn't move.

AKCoverMan

So what do you do with call tags in EDD that you don't have the tag for?

I usually check EDD for call tags in am and go get one printed by OMS if needed. But if I am already on road I will call center, get info, attempt to pu package. If package is there I write 1Z number on it till I get back to center and put call tag on.

Having call tag in EDD but not having the physical call tag is less annoying (still annoying!) than the other way around and forgetting the tag and either missing it or having to double back.

S

serenity now

morning oms enters the tags and does a good job * but if she's on vacation, look out

S

serenity now

Generally works fine in my center, at least until the add/cut madness commences, then all bets are off.

when they do add/cut on the TP60 no pgks. get moved * one driver has EDD with no pkgs. * one driver has pkgs. with no EDD * let them straighten it out on area

cino321

I'm waiting for them to put tracers into our EDD. Loss Prevention wants them attempted the center doesn't want them showing in EDD because they'll increase the stop count. I don't get it, who runs the show here?