Call Tags in EDD

cino321

Sheet NR1. I'm not ready to pick it up yet. I'll get it tomorrow when I actually have a tag with info on it so I can tell the customer exactly wheat I'm looking to pick up.

Why would you want to do that? That's like delivering a package that is in your edd and not having the package in your hand physically just so it gets a scan on it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I was half joking, but seriously how many times have you gone to a customer looking for a package and they look at you with WTF eyes and have no idea what you are looking for. And that's WITH a tag in hand.

AKCoverMan

I was half joking, but seriously how many times have you gone to a customer looking for a package and they look at you with WTF eyes and have no idea what you are looking for. And that's WITH a tag in hand.

Agreed.. that's why I call my ODS and tell her to get all the info and text it to me so I can make the attempt and know what I am talking about even if the customer doesn't.

AKCoverMan

If I don't have the tag it doesn't get picked up. I'm not taking a pkg from someone with out giving them a receipt.

I give the customer the tracking number. That's all the "receipt" portion of the call tag is for anyway. We make pickups from customers all the time without giving them a receipt.

bklynupser

If I know the person maybe but if I don't know u. I'm not taking it without giving them a hard copy receipt. To many ppl scam the system. If the oms can't do there jobs not my problem.

S

serenity now

I missed six commercial call tags one day last week for a stop, because I forgot I had them till late in the day and they weren't in EDD.
They tried to act like it was all my fault, but was able to convince them that they had some culpability.

here's what i do to keep up with call tags whether they are in my EDD or not * i stack them in the order that i will most likely work them and hold them together with a wooden clothespin * i place the stack at the front of the 2000 section * every time i open the bulkhead door they are right there giving me the stink eye *

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a call tag for the college health clinic the other day. They had two packages being sent back. I took one and told them they would need to call the shipper to have the 2nd tag issued. I had that tag in EDD yesterday but did not have the actual tag in hand. Picked up the package, completed stop using Find BC and sent an ODS to have the tag reprinted and put in my slot. Got off road, tag was in slot, put on pkg, will drop off receipt today.