Call tags

preloader2driver

Just had a lady try and give me a bed that was going back to amazon. Told her it needed to be in a box. She said "how am I supposed to put it back in the box it came in" told her I didn't know but I couldn't take it unless it was in a box. Told her since it wasn't ready we would come back again the next day. She told me if I could bring a bigger box for her. Told her sorry I couldn't. Had a guy try and give me a recliner once. Told me why I couldn't just stick a label on it!!!

Tough Guy

I know we all pick and choose what rules to follow sometimes, but, we're not even supposed to have tape in the cars. Personally, I'm a stickler for telling them it has to be properly packaged. Got burned once.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know we all pick and choose what rules to follow sometimes, but, we're not even supposed to have tape in the cars. Personally, I'm a stickler for telling them it has to be properly packaged. Got burned once.

Who told you that you cannot have tape in your pkg car?

As for "poorly packed", I won't take them if they are falling apart, but if it is something that will just take me a minute and save me from coming back the next day I will do it.

MendozaJ

Who told you that you cannot have tape in your pkg car?

As for "poorly packed", I won't take them if they are falling apart, but if it is something that will just take me a minute and save me from coming back the next day I will do it.

I use tape for packages exiting the car, not entering. Sure you might save yourself a second attempt, but I'd rather condition the customer to get it right the first time for all future pick ups.

I also peel off the tag and give the customer the whole strip rather than tearing off the receipt because eff that, helps keep the car clean.

barnyard

KTM rider

It is the one that I stick to also. Just did it yesterday. Told the customer that we would be back on Monday and Monday was our last attempt, if it was not taped on Monday, we would not be coming back.

Last year, I had a call tag for something small, woman tried to hand me the item, I said, "It needs to be in a box or one of those shipping bags and it needs to be taped closed. I'll be back tomorrow if you would like."

I turned to walk to my and she threw it at me and yelled, "Take that with you, you piece of :censored2:."

The next day, it was still on the lawn where she threw it. NR2

I cannot remember day 3, might have been cut to another route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is the one that I stick to also. Just did it yesterday. Told the customer that we would be back on Monday and Monday was our last attempt, if it was not taped on Monday, we would not be coming back.

Last year, I had a call tag for something small, woman tried to hand me the item, I said, "It needs to be in a box or one of those shipping bags and it needs to be taped closed. I'll be back tomorrow if you would like."

I turned to walk to my and she threw it at me and yelled, "Take that with you, you piece of :censored2:."

The next day, it was still on the lawn where she threw it. NR2

I cannot remember day 3, might have been cut to another route.

Lady threw it at you? I would have sent the call tag back.

Would it have been that big of a deal to take the item, place it in to a NDA Pak, applied the label, sealed the Pak and sent it on her way?

35years

Gravy route
Lady threw it at you? I would have sent the call tag back.

Would it have been that big of a deal to take the item, place it in to a NDA Pak, applied the label, sealed the Pak and sent it on her way?
Only drivers who work for 45 minutes off the clock before work have time to do that.

35years

Gravy route
Please show me where I said that I work for 45 minutes off the clock before work time.
You have stated in the past that you go in early.
You have also stated that you pull off pkgs to bring to the clerks etc. before punch in time.
You may not consider setting up your truck work, but it is, according to the contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I go in early because for some reason I have a hard sleeping past 6 in the morning, even on the weekends.

My loader is awesome----there is very little that I feel that I need to do to help him close out the car.

He will hold out pkgs that he doesn't think belong on the car and I will take care of those.

He leaves most of the NDA behind the car-----I will load those to make sure of what I have for air.

35years

Gravy route
So loading some packages, checking your list of deliveries, pulling out look-ups and bringing them to the clerks, gathering supplies,etc. is not working?

You have stated previously that if you did it all after start time you would have late NDA, with your late start time.

You are way past your 30 day probation, time to stop giving them work.

Then you give others a hard time for not doing extra stuff that they have no time for, because they don't give UPS free work.

1Simplemann

I am "allowed" 2 paid send agains per day. Not going to waste one on a NR that I can easily take care of.
Where is it said that you can only have 2 paid send agains? And who tracks them? Never heard of a driver being limited on how may send agains they can have. Most of the time I have none, some days I have many.