Call TeamCare 800-323-5000

A

anonymous6

the IBT is pushing this TA because they don't want to go back to negotiating and they are NOT telling us everything. so it is OUR responsibility to ASK questions and be INFORMED before voting.

ups hero

Okay, I did reach a human being at the 847-518-9800#. She was very nice but she advised that she was instructed that information cannot be given out at this time to non-members. Details of the benefits package will be made available once and if the contract is ratified. So basically, I asked, "So I won't know what I'm voting on unless and until the contract proposal is ratifed?" ​She responded in the affirmative. She advised that she is to instruct all inquiries go to International Brotherhood of Teamsters | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) to find information about the health benefits information there or to contact my local. So this is less than I was hoping for, but also exactly what I was expecting.

I think we have a better shot at calling GHOSTBUSTERS to help explain the healthcare on this proposed contract.

DiligentUPSer

My brother, who works at ups too, had brain surgery last year. He was on the ICU for over a week. When the bill came to his house after everything was done...now get this... It cost..... Over $300,000.00 . After the repeated dr. Visits he had afterwards he may have paid 2 or 300.00 tops including medication. If he had this done with this new contract and at 20% that's 60,000.00. That's a mortgage payment!! Now tell me this , how is this a good contract???? I vote Hell no!!

There is an annual out of pocket maximum that you pay of $1,000 for major medical ($2,000 for family), so you would have to pay that plus whatever the deductible is in the year it happened, plus the $10 co-pays, plus the 10% for each prescription up to $50.

ups hero

My brother, who works at ups too, had brain surgery last year. He was on the ICU for over a week. When the bill came to his house after everything was done...now get this... It cost..... Over $300,000.00 . After the repeated dr. Visits he had afterwards he may have paid 2 or 300.00 tops including medication. If he had this done with this new contract and at 20% that's 60,000.00. That's a mortgage payment!! Now tell me this , how is this a good contract???? I vote Hell no!!

There is an annual out of pocket maximum that you pay of $1,000 for major medical ($2,000 for family), so you would have to pay that plus whatever the deductible is in the year it happened, plus the $10 co-pays, plus the 10% for each prescription up to $50.
Really? Well.. If that's the case with this new plan, then I'm not as jacked. I still prefer my ups plan. I'm still voting no, but thanks for explaining that part to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'll let this run for a while and then explain it to you if someone else does not.

There you go.

​This was just too simple, I knew some diligent UPSer would come along and explain it.

opie

With dental now there is no maximum. With the proposed dental plan there is a limit of $1500 a year in maximum dental benefits.

Returntosender

Please explain why and who provides your current Rx coverage.
I have 2 insurances. Atena and Blue cross. CVS will not allow me to use both insurances for this drug. Adviar 30day supply through Atena costs me $67. If I use Blue cross it's cost me $30.
I have a feeling teamcare drugs(advair) will be far worse.

UPS Joe

So I tried calling. Called once, called twice, and called a third time and no one there knew anything about UPS coming into the Fund. THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE. This is worse than I thought. What I did find out is that my Prescriptions will definitely cost me more. You can pay up to $50 per Prescription. You pay either 10% or $50 whichever is less. The funny thing was that the lady I spoke to didn't know this and was telling me that I had to be $200 per prescription. When I told I was looking at what my steward gave me, she said I was wrong. I told her I didn't want to argue, asked to speak to her supervisor and was cut-off. Please does anyone know what the real story on our benefits are.

This is not a joke but real life and I'm scared we are not getting the whole story.

UPS Joe

NOT ON RETIREE PLANS is what I was told.

I was told today that the current retiree C6 plan is called R6 and it does have a $200,000 annual maximum per person.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
NOT ON RETIREE PLANS is what I was told.

I was told today that the current retiree C6 plan is called R6 and it does have a $200,000 annual maximum per person.

Retiree plan will also probably have a maximum lifetime.
​Most likely around $1 Million.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
So I tried calling. Called once, called twice, and called a third time and no one there knew anything about UPS coming into the Fund. THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE. This is worse than I thought. What I did find out is that my Prescriptions will definitely cost me more. You can pay up to $50 per Prescription. You pay either 10% or $50 whichever is less. The funny thing was that the lady I spoke to didn't know this and was telling me that I had to be $200 per prescription. When I told I was looking at what my steward gave me, she said I was wrong. I told her I didn't want to argue, asked to speak to her supervisor and was cut-off. Please does anyone know what the real story on our benefits are.

This is not a joke but real life and I'm scared we are not getting the whole story.

This is incorrect. The pamphlet being circulated by the union clearly indicates we'll pay 10% up to $50 at CVS, and nothing through the mail. The notion that we'd pay "10% or $50, whichever is less" is silly because 90% of all prescriptions cost less than $50 - in fact the overwhelming majority cost $4 for 30-days / $10 for 90-days at major pharmacies. Only name brand drugs are pricey, and typically these are maintenance drugs that you should be getting through the mail, anyway.

Returntosender

I wouldn't trust what the pamphlet says about CVS costs. Untill you actually get the bill then you know how ****ed you got with this new plan.

pretender

This is incorrect. The pamphlet being circulated by the union clearly indicates we'll pay 10% up to $50 at CVS, and nothing through the mail. The notion that we'd pay "10% or $50, whichever is less" is silly because 90% of all prescriptions cost less than $50 - in fact the overwhelming majority cost $4 for 30-days / $10 for 90-days at major pharmacies. Only name brand drugs are pricey, and typically these are maintenance drugs that you should be getting through the mail, anyway.

Check out Hoaxter's thread regarding CVS Caremark in the Partners thread. Your prescriptions may only cost $4, but I believe his examples are more typical. Also, if Caremark is like Medco, you need to get a 90 day prescription--My wife uses fentanyl patches, and the doctor can only give her a 30 day prescription at a time.

pretender

UPS Joe----it may be worth your while to call your pension office to see if you are eligible to retire before Aug 1. We have a driver who has serious medical issues who will be taking a ride down to Syracuse (pension fund office) with our BA to go over his options. It may be worthwhile for him to retire a few years early and take the hit in order to retire under the existing retiree medical plan.

Are you saying that current retirees can stay with the existing medical plan? You are usually correct about these matters, so I hope this won't be the first time you are wrong!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you saying that current retirees can stay with the existing medical plan? You are usually correct about these matters, so I hope this won't be the first time you are wrong!

Yes----if you are already retired or will retire prior to 1 Aug you will be covered under the existing medical plan. This applies only to those already covered by a Teamster plan.