Called ":censored:" by supervisor!

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
During the meeting he specificly said that he was angry at me because of my senority he holds me at a higher standard than the other part timers. I really feel like that is just more harassment, all part time employees should be treated equal. Its just a big mess now, I have been instructed "to only work under his work area". I really feel like I am being targeted because I spoke up for what he said to me.

I have filed only 3 grievances(all pay related) in the 18+ years I have worked at ups, I usually try to brush stuff off like this. I'd like to think I can work with anyone. Its just the manner he said it in(like he wanted to fight me), and than after that he felt the need to broadcast it to everyone on the shift to embarass me. I stupidly went to both his superiors thinking they would actually talk to him but instead they give me to him so he can get his kicks off telling me what to do.

Arghh, I feel so screwed.

Everyone should be held to the same standard, regardless of seniority

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
First of all its two words. Second, it's petty on both sides. Third, if you get another employee, your sup or manager in hot water over doing the same thing everyone else does, then you are what you've been called. If you can say you've never said anything offensive about another person, you're either a saint or a liar and a hypocrite. There are some words that are very offensive. Dumb and ass are commonly said on prime time TV. It's really not a serious crime.

klein

Für Meno :)
First of all its two words. Second, it's petty on both sides. Third, if you get another employee, your sup or manager in hot water over doing the same thing everyone else does, then you are what you've been called. If you can say you've never said anything offensive about another person, you're either a saint or a liar and a hypocrite. There are some words that are very offensive. Dumb and ass are commonly said on prime time TV. It's really not a serious crime.

If you say so, let him call the sup or center manager :censored2:, infront of everyone, see what happens, then .......

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No it is not..Its called respect..It's in the contract

Look, I am not talking about the contract, I am talking about managements relations with employees.

Because something is in the contract does not mean that UPS must follow it, it means UPS 'can be be held liable' if not followed.

I could personally care less what a sup says about me and what others hear. Others may be more sensitive, surely. Yes the contract says dignity and respect, but that only applies to those who fall in line and are willing victims.

"you want to follow the contract, OK , we'll play by the rules then" was the harrassment I recieved yesterday. I'm at the point of taking my entire lunch hour walking the building and hitting supervisors working. This is how you retaliate against name calling, harrassment, seniority issues etc. Actions, not words. Words are cheap.

Surely filing a grievance on the name calling could put an end to the name calling type harrassment. Hit them in the wallet if you really need to make a stand.

dillweed

I feel some of the issue here is the fact that bepo has been with the company for such a long time and likely has a great work record. I do hear the sups yelling at the newer kids all the time and they don't seem to mind it. In fact, the often yell right back.

That's not how everyone reacts though. I've always done my job as best I could, never refused to work as directed unless safety was an issue and don't go searching for trouble. One time a pt sup was angry that I was turning off the belts on the sort aisle. It was a safety issue and I kept it because the flow was ridiculous. No one was keeping up. I was taken from the sort aisle to the ft sups office and yelled at. Yep, he yelled at me to get back to work. Pissed me right off, it did. I went back to work but came back after the sort and told him it really bothered me, that I wasn't the kind of employee who needed to be yelled at and to never, NEVER yell at me again like that. He didn't. He can yell like heck at someone, then turn around and ask me politely to do something. "Sure" is my response and I trot right off to do it. This has lasted more than a year. I respect him for his decency and he seems to respect me for sticking up for myself. No union rep was ever involved. No grievance papers, no big scene, no wasted time, no target on my back. Welll, at least the one I already have didn't get any larger.

U

uber

I can't believe you've been working there that long and you still let words from a little PT sup bother you. As soon as a part-time sup comes across as an ass in my work area its the last time. We usually give that sup so much ***** they either ask to be moved or are forced out because of greivances and such. You have more power than those little PT sups. You should know this if you've been there that long.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
If you say so, let him call the sup or center manager :censored2:, infront of everyone, see what happens, then .......

What? The worst thing he would get is back pay. No formal discipline will ever stick for foul language in the operations atmosphere because everyone uses it, including hourly and management.

UPSSOCKS

I accdiently misloaded 1 package when sorting into the truck. I caught my mistake, but I had to dig the package out to find it. My immediate supervsior yelled at me in front of everyone "You can't make mistakes like that! YOU ARE HOLDING ME UP!" He then got on his radio and said "Mike(me) is being a :censored2:". Everyone on a radio and around a radio heard this!

I complained to the both of his superiors and said I didn't apreciate being called a :censored2: In the sitdown, they made him give a backhanded apology where at the end he said he believes I misorted on purpose. I told everyone I felt threatened by him and that I would like a different immediate supervsor.

The next day I was informed that from now on I would only be working with the supervisor that called me a :censored2: because he wants to make me more part of his crew.

My question is what can I do to get this guy to back off? I do not want him as my immediate supervisor. Out of the 18 years of load and unloading I have never been written up for misorting.

I know a grevance is just going to document this, but should I call that 1-800 help line, talk to HR also? I want to get my message across at all different levels.

Is this for real??? Here's the solution... Change your diaper and then go sit in the corner and suck your thumb. I bet your supervisor is just treating you the way you act... STOP misloading........

slantnosechevy

Is this for real??? Here's the solution... Change your diaper and then go sit in the corner and suck your thumb. I bet your supervisor is just treating you the way you act... STOP misloading........
I hate to side with UPSSOCKS, but stop acting like a little ***. Learn to pick your battles. This isn't one worth fighting. Move on Supes. like this just get dumber as time goes on. They either eventually get fired,quit, or become bloggers on Brown Cafe for the company.

Last edited by a moderator:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The subject of this thread and the over the top replies amaze me.
You should probably get Al Sharpton down there asap!

Maloh

Would the EEOC be able to do anything for bepo? Especialy if there is a history harassment or other pts that have been verbaly abused by this sup?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would the EEOC be able to do anything for bepo? Especialy if there is a history harassment or other pts that have been verbaly abused by this sup?

He called him a :censored2:, for Pete's sake. It's not like he questioned his ethnicity or sexual orientation. He simply called him a :censored2:. fxdwg wants to get Al Sharpton involved and you want to bring in the EEOC.

I don't condone what was said and stand by my earlier advice, which someone termed tea and crumpets, to sit down with the sup and discuss the situation.

This is being blown way out of proportion.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The Al Sharpton comment was to show that these two little words are being blown way out of proportion.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
He called him a :censored2:, for Pete's sake. It's not like he questioned his ethnicity or sexual orientation. He simply called him a :censored2:. fxdwg wants to get Al Sharpton involved and you want to bring in the EEOC.

I don't condone what was said and stand by my earlier advice, which someone termed tea and crumpets, to sit down with the sup and discuss the situation.

This is being blown way out of proportion.

Where's Integrity when you need him. He'll rid the world of such blasphemy. Might be able to kill two birds with one phone call if the alleged incident happened in or near an old P8.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Handle it the old fashion way. Call him out after the sort get off the compamy property and kick the living sh-t out of him . If he is bigger and tougher at least get a couple of good shots in.But remember no violance in the workplace make sure you are off the property LOL Seriousley though you have every right as a human being (used to be man to man but I will be politically correct) to get in his face and ask for an apology.Do it at the PCM so you have witnesses and don't use profanity. If you feel that strongley about it get if off your chest and move on.

klein

Für Meno :)
Hey you little Irish illegal immigrant.... PT Stewie
You been mentioned in a few posts (if they meant you)....

I think on the immigration thread.
Someone has it in for the Irish, I tell ya ! LOL