Called in but sup claims no call designation can't be changed

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I haven't taken an unscheduled day off work since 1979 without being under a doctor's care. (Did it ONE time and felt really stupid within the hour.) I just go to work when I'm expected to be there. Guess I'm just old school. Maybe I'll grow up someday.

I will confess that I banged in on Tuesday, claiming to be sick, while I really wasn't. I had been trying to get a day off for a while, as I had a ton of errands to do, and finally decided to pull the trigger. Much like Oak, I felt kind of stupid within the hour but I got all of my things done, treated myself to a nice lunch and went to see the Minions. It was a good day but I would have preferred that it had been handled differently.

DOK

So what is the best way to call in so it's documented?? Always thought if the sup was dishonest he could just say I never talked to the driver.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
He's a sup . So far he has proved him self not to be a siftlord
I have my moments.
Bubbles is not a sup.
He's referring to my avatar.
So what is the best way to call in so it's documented?? Always thought if the sup was dishonest he could just say I never talked to the driver.
Text message would probably be best. A certain member thinks it's childish. But it provides you solid proof should the supervisor be shifty.

Whargoul

I just call in and tell them " Can I talk to a sup, This is so and so, I will not be at work today - see you tomorrow" that day if I need time off. I am forced to do this because they will not honor my 9.5 or my 8 hour requests. I make sure I don't go over the allowed absence limit within the rolling time period. I would never just text my sup and say im not coming in, I feel that's very unprofessional and discourteous.

Concretion

Are you being disciplined?
If not, why should you care?
I've been accused of a few no call/no shows over the years and wasn't even issued a warning notice.
In the few circumstances when it was brought up, I simply stated that I called out according to the contract. However, if management doesn't answer the phone, that's not my problem.
you are a wise person thanks

Overpaid Union Thug

Here's how I notify the center that I'm not coming to work. It's very rare that I call in but I have a procedure.

1. Call first

2. If line is busy I text and snap a screen shot of the text

Easy breezy.

upschuck

Here's how I notify the center that I'm not coming to work. It's very rare that I call in but I have a procedure.

1. Call first

2. If line is busy I text and snap a screen shot of the text

Easy breezy.
Why do you take a screen shot? Does you phone not keep texts for a good period of time?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I will confess that I banged in on Tuesday, claiming to be sick, while I really wasn't. I had been trying to get a day off for a while, as I had a ton of errands to do, and finally decided to pull the trigger. Much like Oak, I felt kind of stupid within the hour but I got all of my things done, treated myself to a nice lunch and went to see the Minions. It was a good day but I would have preferred that it had been handled differently.

That's not very smart. Admitting to a dishonest act especially when UPS knows who you are.

You realize that is a dischargeable offense, don't you?

Only call in sick when you are sick.

If you just need a personal day, call in and take yourself out of service for personal matters.

And if they ask, it is none of their business what you are going to be doing.

And before you hang up, tell them that you will be in tomorrow, essentially putting yourself back in service after your day off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's not very smart. Admitting to a dishonest act especially when UPS knows who you are.

You realize that is a dischargeable offense, don't you?

Only call in sick when you are sick.

If you just need a personal day, call in and take yourself out of service for personal matters.

And if they ask, it is none of their business what you are going to be doing.

And before you hang up, tell them that you will be in tomorrow, essentially putting yourself back in service after your day off.

Thanks for the advice.