Called the cops on a customer yesterday....

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
While you are getting all upset about this subject why would you have an avatar of a bad person that slaughtered human beings I believe one was a kid with a racial epithet on his head to boot?
Because none of this matters.

hellfire

First off, I stated in an earlier post that I felt these people werent being cruel or malicious, just ignorant.

Second of all, I eat meat. Including deer that I have killed and dressed myself. I grew up in the country and we raised and slaughtered chickens, rabbits and goats.

These people arent raising deer for food. They are trying to make a pet out of a wild animal. Its against the law and it is wrong.
Your being presumptuous

hellfire

Actually it does to me. I don't come to this site to look at a swatiska. I actually hate seeing it.
Great, but your on a random internet forum and are going to analyze every avatar to judge a basis on opinion...have fun

10 point

If mom is dead, then you leave the fawn there and let nature take its course. The coyotes will solve its problems quickly enough. Bottle-feeding it and keeping it in a pen seems like the kind thing to do...until it stops being a cute baby deer and turns into a full-grown buck with antlers that goes into rut during mating season and becomes aggressive and horny. It is not fair to the animal to force domestic life upon it.
Indecision can visit it now and then.

newfie

Actually, it was the Department of Fish and Wildlife who then forwarded me to the State Police wildlife enforcement office. Some well-meaning but ignorant people had found a fawn, assumed it was abandoned, and put a collar on it with a bell and set it in to live with their goats and sheep in fenced pasture. Its adorable and I understand why they want to help the cute baby deer, but if it wanders off in search of its mommy (who will probably reject it anyway to the human scent on it) it will slowly strangle to death due to having no way of getting that collar off as it grows. Even without the collar, it is a wild animal and trying to make a pet out of it is illegal, cruel and dangerous. I saw it while making a delivery, so the customer will probably know it was me that reported them, but I dont care.
View attachment 44730

did you try educating them first? Seems like people who are trying to help an orphan deer might be receptive to well placed advice?

hellfire

Im done Sober, i admire your intent, i called the humane society on a golden lab in a cage that was maybe 3x3 steel cage that i saw in a garage for 3 days in a row .. Good day .. as i said earlier this wont work here

Great, but your on a random internet forum and are going to analyze every avatar to judge a basis on opinion...have fun
Kinda like you are on a random Internet forum questioning sober about a decision. You invited me in by quoting my post. I haven't liked seeing the swatiska since I sat it on your avatar but never said a word. You are the one making a big deal about meat and his judgment. My wife is a vegetarian and she tries to push it on me. I take my hat off to her. I eat big ass steaks and love me some ribs. The way you turned this thread and your quotes is what got me. You don't quote me and you aren't talked to.

hellfire

Im done Sober, i admire your intent, i called the human society on a golden lab in a cage that was maybe 3x3 steel cage that i saw in a garage for 3 days in a row .. Good day
Kinda like you are on a random Internet forum questioning sober about a decision. You invited me in by quoting my post. I haven't liked seeing the swatiska since I sat it on your avatar but never said a word. You are the one making a big deal about meat and his judgment. My wife is a vegetarian and she tries to push it on me. I take my hat off to her. I eat big ass steaks and love me some ribs. The way you turned this thread and your quotes is what got me. You don't quote me and you aren't talked to.
Sad... Sober like i said this is not the forum to do this

hellfire

Lead....never seen so you so angry..Im not anti anything....????

Lead....never seen so you so angry..Im not anti anything....????
I'm not mad I actually agree with you this thread shouldn't even be here. No disrespect to sober. I actually have never had a problem with you but in all honesty I have studied a lot of Jewish history and feel deeply deeply sorry about the Holocaust. I recently had to explain it to my daughter because she has read the diary of Ann Frank and I hate to see that symbol.

Sorry if I was out of line but really that's how I feel about that.

DOK

If mom is dead, then you leave the fawn there and let nature take its course. The coyotes will solve its problems quickly enough. Bottle-feeding it and keeping it in a pen seems like the kind thing to do...until it stops being a cute baby deer and turns into a full-grown buck with antlers that goes into rut during mating season and becomes aggressive and horny. It is not fair to the animal to force domestic life upon it.

And that does happen where they get aggressive during the rut, can't go inside the pen during that time, they actually charge.