calling 1-800 line for unethical behavior

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
there are no jerks at ups and let me make something else clear....if you like your current heath care you can keep it,,,,for now.
Yeah, right, I heard something like that. It was a lie, but he turned it on you, and said you just didnt hear him him say the rest...............which he never said............hes an ***.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Harrasment is one thing, someone being a butthead is another. Jerks are everywhere. Your life at UPS is going to be full of lots of jerks. Not that Ive met many that were hourly. Pick your battles, if its that serious, call. It is confidential, supposedly. If it can be handled by a swift accidental kick to a sensitive region, and hes hourly, I would do that.
"I was trying to catch a pkg, with my foot, and uh, he was just there............"

Or we can act like adults....and use our words!!

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
I would consider talking to the principle, they don't condone this kind of behavior. If that doesn't work maybe your parents could sit down and talk with his parents....

bitter to the bone

Is this bully physically harming u? If so call the cops. If not grow some thicker skin your gonna need it to work here. Nothing u described would I even remotely call bullying. Bullying is someone beating u up and taking your lunch money. Not someone complaining about u behind your back. That's called life. Get over it.

You get over it buddy. It is bullying when said co-worker tries to shove irreg boxes so they will fall on me? What do you say to that?

bitter to the bone

​Good luck!

As far as I know most of the Brown Café people here are union members and that should mean something. We shouldn't "attack" our own kind but it seems like some of the BC members do. Isn't it bad enough that management treats us like crap at work. Whatever happened to solidarity amongst union members?

bitter to the bone

Hey buddy,I think you need to go back to school and learn to use grammar correctly. I am not a lazy :censored2: as you insinuate. I am one of the few people in my department who work hard and I don't complain about it. I know that's what I am there for. I don't expect anything to be handed to me for free. I didn't say that. Plus I am not some punk :censored2: kid like you think. I have worked for UPS for a while now and besides no matter how long you have worked for the company doesn't give any one the right to bully and harass you. Trying to go through the correct channels as you are supposed to and it's not working. I'm not gonna fly off the handle and do anything to jeopardize my job, that's why I sought assistance from management

bitter to the bone

I suggest ignoring it. By giving them attention you are only feeding the flames. I know it's not what you want to hear but unless you feel imminent threat or this is very offensive behavior, you're probably best ignoring.

I do feel threatened. Wouldn't you if someone was shoving irregs at you on the belt with the intent that they fall on you?????

bitter to the bone

I would consider talking to the principle, they don't condone this kind of behavior. If that doesn't work maybe your parents could sit down and talk with his parents....

I am perfectly capable of handling this myself, I don't need my parents help. I have worked at UPS for a while now and trying to go through the proper channels is not working. How would you like it if you had a co-worker shove irreg boxes at you with the intent that they fall on you and hurt you?????

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I do feel threatened. Wouldn't you if someone was shoving irregs at you on the belt with the intent that they fall on you?????
That's not at all what you said in the OP, though. I was trying to be helpful and was responding to what you wrote, which is all we can do.
I would personally get together with a management person and union rep. and try to hash this problem out. UPS management doesn't care for our health, well-being and certainly doesn't care about any personal squabbles between employees. At least by having both sides hear your complaints together, they can't come back to say you didn't try to resolve this.

Or, you could request a job move somewhere else in the building. (allowed every 6 months, iirc.)

bitter to the bone

That's not at all what you said in the OP, though. I was trying to be helpful and was responding to what you wrote, which is all we can do.
I would personally get together with a management person and union rep. and try to hash this problem out. UPS management doesn't care for our health, well-being and certainly doesn't care about any personal squabbles between employees. At least by having both sides hear your complaints together, they can't come back to say you didn't try to resolve this.

Or, you could request a job move somewhere else in the building. (allowed every 6 months, iirc.)

I know I didn't put that in the OP , I was just asking more about the 1-800 line at the moment. Trying to figure out the best way to handle the situation. Upset and spooked when I made the OP and inadvertently left that out. Forgive the oversight. I am just concerned for my well being is all. I know you understand that :) I know UPS doesn't give two hoots in he$$ for our health and safety, that's why I am trying to protect myself. Thanks for the advice though and if I accidently said something that offended you then my apologies. You have listened and tried to help in the best way you can. Thanks

bitter to the bone

UPS is not a day care-----if someone is harassing you and you don't stand up for yourself you will have a very long career.

That's what I meant. Not getting any resolution to the matter by center management and asked if the 1-800 was helpful or like so much at UPS a line of :censored2:. I am standing up for myself but I thought that some UPSers that had been with the company longer than I have been might respond and offer some constructive ideas that's all. Nuff said.DONE

Integrity

Binge Poster
  • Has any one ever called the 1-800 line (conduct)to complain about supervisors not doing what they are supposed to be doing and other unethical conduct? I am seriously thinking about it as My supervisors are continually letting a co-worker bully and harrass me even though I have went to the supes and told them what is going on. I have even went to the union steward with this concern and I can't seem to get any resolution to this problem. This is an on going problem and has been going on for a while now. I come in every day and do my work, but this co-worker keeps going behind my back making false allegations and complaining that I am lazy (I am anything but-I do my work as directed and with a sense that the job needs done in a timely manner but I never goof off) and other accusations. I just want this to end so I am able to continue to do my job without the stress and aggravation brought on by this co-worker-who by the way has caused problems for other workers in the past-and all they do is move this person from one area to the other.
  • Don't tell me to suck it up and ignore it because even this is not working any more. Why does the company allow this to happen? Haven't they heard of cases where this happens and the situation gets completely out of control and someone gets hurt or even killed. Not that I am going to go that far-I am a level headed sane individual just looking for a resolution to this problem. I am just looking for constructive comments on how I can handle this-I don't need no bs comments or smart alec posts. I am looking for a legitimate solution.
bitter to the bone,

My experience has shown that responses to posts like this will be on the immature side.

I will PM you my position on this issue.

Sincerely,
I