calling 1-800 line for unethical behavior

UPSGUY72

• Has any one ever called the 1-800 line (conduct)to complain about supervisors not doing what they are supposed to be doing and other unethical conduct? I am seriously thinking about it as My supervisors are continually letting a co-worker bully and harrass me even though I have went to the supes and told them what is going on. I have even went to the union steward with this concern and I can't seem to get any resolution to this problem. This is an on going problem and has been going on for a while now. I come in every day and do my work, but this co-worker keeps going behind my back making false allegations and complaining that I am lazy (I am anything but-I do my work as directed and with a sense that the job needs done in a timely manner but I never goof off) and other accusations. I just want this to end so I am able to continue to do my job without the stress and aggravation brought on by this co-worker-who by the way has caused problems for other workers in the past-and all they do is move this person from one area to the other.
  • Don't tell me to suck it up and ignore it because even this is not working any more. Why does the company allow this to happen? Haven't they heard of cases where this happens and the situation gets completely out of control and someone gets hurt or even killed. Not that I am going to go that far-I am a level headed sane individual just looking for a resolution to this problem. I am just looking for constructive comments on how I can handle this-I don't need no bs comments or smart alec posts. I am looking for a legitimate solution.

Dude you have been having problems with co worker for 6 years maybe your problem......

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's what I meant. Not getting any resolution to the matter by center management and asked if the 1-800 was helpful or like so much at UPS a line of :censored2:. I am standing up for myself but I thought that some UPSers that had been with the company longer than I have been might respond and offer some constructive ideas that's all. Nuff said.DONE
Constructive ideas?? 1) Grow a pair 2) Buy an ipod, load your trucks and tune everyone out. 3) stand up for yourself. No one will screw with you if they know you will call them on their crap. And why are you such a target for a pissed off coworker? If you constantly need to be helped/bailed out by your coworkers....it can possibly lead to a hostile work environment. Maybe you should stop whining and work a little faster.

JackStraw

Look this guy/gal right in the eye and tell him/her to :censored2:. Preferably in front of the whole center. That should do it.

UPSGUY72

Look this guy/gal right in the eye and tell him/her to :censored2:. Preferably in front of the whole center. That should do it.

Maybe he needs to do that to the whole center as this isn't the first person the OP doesn't get along with. From his prior post he has had problem with co-workers for the past 6 yrs.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Maybe he needs to do that to the whole center as this isn't the first person the OP doesn't get along with. From his prior post he has had problem with co-workers for the past 6 yrs.
Waaahh.people are being mean and throwing irregs at me....good grief, a grown man.

A

anonymous6

we need more specific examples of this abuse to really help with some advice. what did the shop stew say? if you have been with the co. for 6 years I don't think you have to worry about job security. good supes will ignore a complainer if they know you are a good worker.

I would try a different steward if this continues and then if that does not work go to the human resource dept. and ask for some general advice without naming names. unless you feel a physical threat, you don't want to be labeled a tattle=tale. the world is full of jerks and it's important to learn how to deal with them. most times ignoring them is the best. when they find out they cant rile you , they will stop trying. most times taking the high road works. find sometime genuine to compliment your coworker for. go out of your way to help them. I did that once with a guy that didn't like me for some reason and he asked me why I helped him and I said "hey, man.... we are on the same team. now we are friends.

Re-Raise

I come in every day and do my work, but this co-worker keeps going behind my back making false allegations and complaining that I am lazy (I am anything but-I do my work as directed and with a sense that the job needs done in a timely manner but I never goof off) and other accusations.

Really? Who gives a damn what he says behind your back? Are you hoping to win homecoming queen or make cheerleading next year?

If it bothers you so much, look him in the eye and tell him to keep your name out of his mouth. But people who realize that what someone says about you behind your back means nothing, have a lot easier time in life.

And if a box is coming at me , I move. If it hits me and causes an injury, I go on comp.

Box Ox

I come in every day and do my work, but this co-worker keeps going behind my back making false allegations and complaining that I am lazy

Your work is seen by sups, drivers, other loaders, management and probably cameras in the ceiling. One tool telling them you're lazy won't make any difference in their opinion of it.

preload1

• Has any one ever called the 1-800 line (conduct)to complain about supervisors not doing what they are supposed to be doing and other unethical conduct? I am seriously thinking about it as My supervisors are continually letting a co-worker bully and harrass me even though I have went to the supes and told them what is going on. I have even went to the union steward with this concern and I can't seem to get any resolution to this problem. This is an on going problem and has been going on for a while now. I come in every day and do my work, but this co-worker keeps going behind my back making false allegations and complaining that I am lazy (I am anything but-I do my work as directed and with a sense that the job needs done in a timely manner but I never goof off) and other accusations. I just want this to end so I am able to continue to do my job without the stress and aggravation brought on by this co-worker-who by the way has caused problems for other workers in the past-and all they do is move this person from one area to the other.
  • Don't tell me to suck it up and ignore it because even this is not working any more. Why does the company allow this to happen? Haven't they heard of cases where this happens and the situation gets completely out of control and someone gets hurt or even killed. Not that I am going to go that far-I am a level headed sane individual just looking for a resolution to this problem. I am just looking for constructive comments on how I can handle this-I don't need no bs comments or smart alec posts. I am looking for a legitimate solution.
  • Listen Mary. Have you confronted this so called accuser? Maybe challenging this person with your union rep and manager present? You do know this is a UPS posting blog right? We don't work for the purple people. I think your may need to grow a set and stop applying what you were taught in grade school sensitivity training to real life situations. You sound like the kind of person who enjoys walking his goldfish.

BrownDooDoo

The term "going postal" didn't come about for no reason I guess...

I too often wonder how long before someone takes matters into their own hands.

My center already had one incident where and employee showed up at another employees house with a weapon. I wasn't there yet, but since I have been at UPS i've seen two instances of violence erupt at work.

It's a scary thing.