calling in sick during peak

synystergates

I was just wondering if calling in sick during peak was allowed. I was told that I couldn't and I've been going to work sick for the past 2 weeks and I've been getting worse since it's been getting colder now at night with the rain and all that has been happening.

Yes you can call in sick. They`ll piss and moan but if you`re sick,you`re sick. Tell them you think you have H1n1, that might change their mind.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I was just wondering if calling in sick during peak was allowed. I was told that I couldn't and I've been going to work sick for the past 2 weeks and I've been getting worse since it's been getting colder now at night with the rain and all that has been happening.
I advise that you never call in sick. Just call in and tell them you aren't coming. You don't owe them an explaination nor do they have the power to validate your absence. It's simply an occurrence. To many and you may have problem. Call in tomorrow and stay home as many days as it takes to get better. 1, 2, 3 days, that's one occurrence. How do people not know this?

rod

Retired 22 years
Call in first and see if your sup. or center manager says you are sick. It was never up to us to determine if we were sick or not. :wink2:

:ill::bloodshot: you will be fine----we can't spare you

Leftinbuilding

Call in first and see if your sup. or center manager says you are sick. It was never up to us to determine if we were sick or not. :wink2:

:ill::bloodshot: you will be fine----we can't spare you

Or...."come on in and we'll get you some help"

You agree and go in....

"Sorry, no help. We're very heavy and so and so called in sick."

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
If you worked in my center , it wouldn't be a problem , there are drivers still being sent home for lack of work, even though every driver as a helper, its the new way at UPS less drivers and more helpers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you worked in my center, it would be a problem. We have a driver out with a broken ankle and another who has been out for a while on personal time (don't ask--I can't tell). Every driver we have available is on the street and starting next week my loader will be running his Peak area and I get to have Waldo load my pkg car.

Call me old school but unless you are on your death bed....

QKRSTKR

I hear ya. I like to think old school to and would never dream of calling in sick during peak unless I was. I'm taking off next wednesday for personal reasons. We have the same drivers go home every single day. Monday at least 4 were off. Yesterday and today at least 3 were off. The one guy doesn't even come in. They either call him and tell him they don't need him or they call him if they need him to come in. I'm not missing something important to me while the same able bodied drivers go home.

I'm going to put this week end on my picks for vacation next year, when they say I can't, I'll say so and so was off the whole week. Some people work for a different UPS. And I mean really, we have 2 drivers that haven't worked this week yet. If were going to send people home everyday, at least spread it around to let others have the same opportunity. But really the joke will be on these drivers when they retire. We have 3 drivers that aren't even close to working 1800 hrs. for their year of pension. When they go to retire at 30 years, they'll have a 22 year pension.:sad-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I called in sick Mon and Tues. Today I had to go up to our other center and play in the snow all day. Get to do it tomorrow as well. I might be calling in sick on Fri. :surprised:

bad company

semi-pro
Inform your management team that UPS' wellness program encourages employess to call in and not report to work in the event of a bona fide illness. This is encouraged to reduce the amount of time missed at work, and to also prevent the contamination of other UPSers and our customers.

Tell them to take a look at the quarterly Safety and Wellness tip calendar. It is there...

UPSGUY72

Wake up tomorrow make sure you call atleast one hour before your shift starts and say I'm booking off. You don't owe then an explaination unless your out for more than three days then you going to need a DR's note.

Then when you want to come back call again atleast one hr before your shift starts and tell them your booking back on.

bad company

semi-pro
I have attached a copy of the page from the 3rd Quarter Wellness & Safety Calendar which stays to stay away and call in sick.

Print it out, tell them you're taking the company's advice and staying home.
call-in.JPG

blackfoot

.......You don't owe then an explaination unless your out for more than three days then you going to need a DR's note......
do you need a doctors note or just a receipt ? My contract says receipt, 5.00 copay from any clinic will do.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wake up tomorrow make sure you call atleast one hour before your shift starts and say I'm booking off. You don't owe then an explaination unless your out for more than three days then you going to need a DR's note.

Then when you want to come back call again atleast one hr before your shift starts and tell them your booking back on.
I get to stay out 4 days before a dr note is needed.

proudupstexan

Brian Borrego
call in and if they give you **** thats what the union is for, i had some friends call in and was out half the week and when the managers started running there mouth he got a union steward to back em up