calling in sick during peak

Ky Cats

I've had jury duty for the last 3 months and will be off again tomorrow for another trail, there pisssed but the will get over it. If your sick your sick just call in.

JonFrum

I have attached a copy of the page from the 3rd Quarter Wellness & Safety Calendar which stays to stay away and call in sick.

Print it out, tell them you're taking the company's advice and staying home.
And the Supe will say, it is UPS policy, but it only applies once a year, on August 21!!! :happy-very:

whiskey

call in just give them 1 hour notice, thats all they need.
They could be down 4 drivers and they would still cut routes based on bogus volume projections. My car could be blown out and I would hear, "call in, you only have 7 hours dispatched".

over9five

Staff member
I was just wondering if calling in sick during peak was allowed. I was told that I couldn't and I've been going to work sick for the past 2 weeks and I've been getting worse since it's been getting colder now at night with the rain and all that has been happening.

You don't owe then an explaination unless your out for more than three days then you going to need a DR's note.

The OP should take the day off and go to the doctor anyhow. Two weeks is a long time to be sick. Time to be checked out by your doctor AND get a note while you're there!

risby

can we take an optional holiday during the week after Christmas. and or can we take an optional split week for that week? I have chosen my optional week as an split.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The week after christmas is the first week available for 2010 vacations. However most of the upper seniority people will take that week and it will be gone fast. In the central region we pick our vacations starting Nov. 15 for the following year. That week was filled after the first 7 guys picked. If you split your optional week you will get paid for your first 5 abscences with those days. whether it be calling in sick or a scheduled day!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The brass loves it when you call in sick. They can street less drivers and look like a hero to the desk dweller above them. Your fellow drivers may think differently. We had a big storm yesterday and one of our drivers decided to hurt themselves before work and couldn't come in. Funny how that happens on bad weather days.

brownIEman

The brass loves it when you call in sick. They can street less drivers and look like a hero to the desk dweller above them. Your fellow drivers may think differently. We had a big storm yesterday and one of our drivers decided to hurt themselves before work and couldn't come in. Funny how that happens on bad weather days.

Yeah, guess bad weather can cause those sorts of things. My personal favorite, is the weird flu, that seems to target preloaders, and hits just for one day a year, the Monday following the Superbowl. It is I tell you a freak of nature. I am looking into getting a government grant to study it. It comes just that one time a year, lasts just one day, but is very, very virulent, striking dozens of people in a work group even if they did not attend the same events nor have really any contact with each other...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yeah, guess bad weather can cause those sorts of things. My personal favorite, is the weird flu, that seems to target preloaders, and hits just for one day a year, the Monday following the Superbowl. It is I tell you a freak of nature. I am looking into getting a government grant to study it. It comes just that one time a year, lasts just one day, but is very, very virulent, striking dozens of people in a work group even if they did not attend the same events nor have really any contact with each other...

It's been known to hit the occasional driver as well.

NY11725

I was just wondering if calling in sick during peak was allowed. I was told that I couldn't and I've been going to work sick for the past 2 weeks and I've been getting worse since it's been getting colder now at night with the rain and all that has been happening.

Since Im pick off now, I dont think I would ever call in sick, especially during peak, extra hours is nice

D

Dis-organized Labor

I've had jury duty for the last 3 months and will be off again tomorrow for another trail, there pisssed but the will get over it. If your sick your sick just call in.

There's a high probability that the Perp is Guilty!!!

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
I'm tired of people getting sick. I tell everyone around me not to get sick, but they don't listen and still continue to do so. I have no sympathy for them because they should have listened in the first place.