Calling out of work on a 30 day probationary period?

wayfair

swollen member
I started off seasonal for 2 months with perfect attendance. I just started my 30 day probationary period when I got rehired and now there is a snow storm...by the time my shift ends there will be a foot on the ground with 40mph winds. Do you think they will hold it against me of I call out today?

how much is your car insurance deductible???

JL 0513

Currently delivering in a blizzard in MA (on lunch) "Normal work day".

Really no big deal. And I have to drive 50 miles from my home to my center. Snow tires make it a joy ride.

JL 0513

I remember when we got 14 inches of snow in west Atlanta area.
We were trapped for 4 days (except for walking).
Luckily our electricity never went out.

In the north, we're out and about immediately after a 14" snow storm. If the snow falls overnight, plows get most roads before most people leave for work.

It's certainly a huge financial savings for southern states not to have to deal with snow removal and salting. It costs northern states millions each year. And they never budget enough. We're only a month into winter and we're "over budget".

laffter

We had sort of a mini ice storm toward the latter part of this peak. The morning of, so many preloaders didn't show up that a supervisor was dispatched to round up as many as were willing to come in. On my belt alone, out of the 4 that didn't show, we got one back.

I imagine if the situation was dire enough, they'd do the same wherever you are. Otherwise, no biggie. Safety first.