Calling to see if you work all week plus Saturday!

Im a cover driver I've been with ups for 9 years, driving full time 2. I don't mind the calling in every day m-friend but Saturday's now come on. I could be wrong but I always thought they had to give you a 24 notice to start time.

Yeah I know, they have call in every morning at our center to see if we're driving. Now they are having full time drivers calling in on Saturdays too, since they never hire any pt air drivers like they should.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What's this daily calling stuff? If you are not driving, you are working in the hub, no?

Are they going in senority order for Saturday?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What's the point of being full time if you have to call to see if you're in? Do you receive any compensation for pissing away six days a week for them for potentially nothing?

SaladTosser

Kill me now
They made a big stink about this during peak. The contract says you're either Monday to Friday or Tuesday thru Saturday. But since they never officially made you Tuesday to Saturday then they can't force you on Saturdays

BrownTexas

Im a cover driver I've been with ups for 9 years, driving full time 2. I don't mind the calling in every day m-friend but Saturday's now come on. I could be wrong but I always thought they had to give you a 24 notice to start time.
We've been told they just have to tell you in a timely matter, which means by the end of the previous shift. This calling in stuff is for the birds. If your a cover driver, show up to drive and demand your 8 hours. They will start to tell you everyday after you get paid to sit at home a few days.

Future

Victory Ride
Was just talking to a guy ....the other day ....same situation as you..... Told him come in every day ready to work .... Might toss you out cold on a route ...but o well ....pay me

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not sure about your supplement, but if you're a FT ground driver and have worked 5 full 8hr shifts, Saturday would be OT. Easiest money there is, not sure you value it over a day off though.