Calling to see if you work all week plus Saturday!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Browtown2016, May 13, 2016.

1. Browtown2016

Browtown2016 New Member

Im a cover driver I've been with ups for 9 years, driving full time 2. I don't mind the calling in every day m-f but Saturday's now come on. I could be wrong but I always thought they had to give you a 24 notice to start time.

2. heybobby!

heybobby! Member

Calling in everyday? You are guaranteed 8 hrs

3. Browtown2016

Browtown2016 New Member

Yeah I know, they have call in every morning at our center to see if we're driving. Now they are having full time drivers calling in on Saturdays too, since they never hire any pt air drivers like they should.

4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

What's this daily calling stuff? If you are not driving, you are working in the hub, no?

Are they going in senority order for Saturday?

5. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Outside of the tri-state area they go by another set of rules.

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Holy Smokes! Why even have a union?

7. Browtown2016

Browtown2016 New Member

Ba told me just to call off Saturday's nothing they can do.

8. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

What's the point of being full time if you have to call to see if you're in? Do you receive any compensation for pissing away six days a week for them for potentially nothing?

9. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

No reason to call off, in our region. Five day work week, that's the schedule..assuming not tue-sat
    ;>

10. Browtown2016

Browtown2016 New Member

In work in the hub if I'm not on road that day, just not feeling the calling in on Saturdays lol

11. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Ah a temp/seasonal cover. No offense but I consider you a PT covering FT. It's confusing when you call yourself a FT driver..

12. Browtown2016

Browtown2016 New Member

I'm ft I'm guaranteed 8 hours, just work in the hub if there's no routes to run.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico?

14. Sleeve_meet_Heart

have a good weekend :D

15. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

North Kentucky

16. Chicken?

17. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Member

They made a big stink about this during peak. The contract says you're either Monday to Friday or Tuesday thru Saturday. But since they never officially made you Tuesday to Saturday then they can't force you on Saturdays

18. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

We've been told they just have to tell you in a timely matter, which means by the end of the previous shift. This calling in stuff is for the birds. If your a cover driver, show up to drive and demand your 8 hours. They will start to tell you everyday after you get paid to sit at home a few days.

19. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Was just talking to a guy ....the other day ....same situation as you..... Told him come in every day ready to work .... Might toss you out cold on a route ...but o well ....pay me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Not sure about your supplement, but if you're a FT ground driver and have worked 5 full 8hr shifts, Saturday would be OT. Easiest money there is, not sure you value it over a day off though.