Camera in DIAD V

OptimusPrime

​"Paranoia strikes deep..."

Some of our back up camera monitors have what I believe is a sensor for light, and it automatically adjust the brightness of the display. Got some guys in our center dead set on that it is a camera. You will get in a truck and see an info notice stuck over it.

HomeDelivery

It was originally intended to take a snap shot when you driver released a package. This way it would show a picture of the package on the customers door step in case they called in saying they never received it.

i asked management about enabling that, but they already have a battery-draining app that's enabled in our division ~ GPS tracker!!!

your telematics vehicle tracker does that already, but since we're driving contractors' vehicles & sometimes rental units, they have to track us via the scanner

it's a good future app to have that camera enabled for those who want to use it. I already have a plug-in charger & a spare battery that I take w/ me anyways... the most i changed out my battery while on-the-road is 3 times.

PS: does yours say "3 mega pixels" below the camera lens?

SouthernComfort

We got them here this time last year.... they are capable of almost anything, they can download new apps like an iphone. I will say this once and only once.... the diad v is also a phone, a phone that UPS owns, thats in your truck all day... within 3 ft of your body. A phone with exceptional battery life.... they have the ability to "listen" to your every move. If they have your recording device enabled(and you wont know if it is).... and you are on your personal phone, while on the clock... and they have a recording(stealing time). If you hang out at a business for a minute before you sheet the package, and a minute after to shoot the crap with a buddy(stealing time). If your driving through a neighborhood delivering airs and a customer pulls up to you with 12 boxes and asks if you "can take them for her, they are already labeled" and you tell her no... your running your airs, you dont have time, but UPS can prove you did have time *but NO space on your truck* for 12 boxes @ 9:45(dishonesty).
I predict in ohhhhh 8-10 years they will all send us in for surgery to get scanners in our eyes, we wont even have to touch a button, just pick up the box and deliver it... of course they will record our interaction with the customer so a sig wont be needed. They treat us like robots.... might as well turn us into them.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We got them here this time last year.... they are capable of almost anything, they can download new apps like an iphone. I will say this once and only once.... the diad v is also a phone, a phone that UPS owns, thats in your truck all day... within 3 ft of your body. A phone with exceptional battery life.... they have the ability to "listen" to your every move. If they have your recording device enabled(and you wont know if it is).... and you are on your personal phone, while on the clock... and they have a recording(stealing time). If you hang out at a business for a minute before you sheet the package, and a minute after to shoot the crap with a buddy(stealing time). If your driving through a neighborhood delivering airs and a customer pulls up to you with 12 boxes and asks if you "can take them for her, they are already labeled" and you tell her no... your running your airs, you dont have time, but UPS can prove you did have time *but NO space on your truck* for 12 boxes @ 9:45(dishonesty).
I predict in ohhhhh 8-10 years they will all send us in for surgery to get scanners in our eyes, we wont even have to touch a button, just pick up the box and deliver it... of course they will record our interaction with the customer so a sig wont be needed. They treat us like robots.... might as well turn us into them.

I think I found your hat. Let me know if you want to meet up to get it back to you. Or I can mail it.....

tin-foil-hat.jpg

SouthernComfort

They quit letting me wear the hat, apparently it violated "appearance guidelines". I now have an invisible cloak I wear when I want to remove myself from the radar, nothing in the contract about not being able to wear invisible cloaks. Sometimes I just pop right back up on GPS when I return to the building.... I claim that my package car is like the Bermuda Triangle.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We got them here this time last year.... they are. capable of almost anything, they can download new apps like an iphone. I will say this once and only once.... the diad v is also a phone, a phone that UPS owns, thats in your truck all day... within 3 ft of your body. A phone with exceptional battery life.... they have the ability to "listen" to your every move. If they have your recording device enabled(and you wont know if it is).... and you are on your personal phone, while on the clock... and they have a recording(stealing time). If you hang out at a business for a minute before you sheet the package, and a minute after to shoot the crap with a buddy(stealing time). If your driving through a neighborhood delivering airs and a customer pulls up to you with 12 boxes and asks if you "can take them for her, they are already labeled" and you tell her no... your running your airs, you dont have time, but UPS can prove you did have time *but NO space on your truck* for 12 boxes @ 9:45(dishonesty).

One reason that I don't carry the stupid board. May need 15 sigs a day

Last edited:

1080Driver

I've seen the camera in use. One night a driver was messing around with a spare Diad and somehow enabled it. After exiting the camera mode, the Diad had a screen that resembled my IPhone.....apps including phone and email. We were shocked at what it had in it

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've seen the camera in use. One night a driver was messing around with a spare Diad and somehow enabled it. After exiting the camera mode, the Diad had a screen that resembled my IPhone.....apps including phone and email. We were shocked at what it had in it

There are many unpublished features.
I understand from a female supervisor that she discovered it had a small, but powerful, vibrator in it.
​I think it was the Y key and the Big Arrow key at the same time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I understand from a female supervisor that she discovered it had a small, but powerful, vibrator in it.

Isn't that the big O key?

SouthernComfort

Many unpublished features.... thats cute. For once you didnt disagree with me. Cold beer in hand, aluminum foil hat on, the invisible cloak is hung up in the garage for the weekend, and the 4 wheeler is hooked up to the truck in the driveway.... going to shoot some hogs in the morning. Thats how we do it in the south!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Many unpublished features.... thats cute. For once you didnt disagree with me. Cold beer in hand, aluminum foil hat on, the invisible cloak is hung up in the garage for the weekend, and the 4 wheeler is hooked up to the truck in the driveway.... going to shoot some hogs in the morning. Thats how we do it in the south!

Have we disagreed in the past?

​I usually don't notice who posted ... just react to the post.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Solid. Nothing better than hog huntin and beer drinkin.

SouthernComfort

Im all for having a DIAD that has a million sweet functions, I understand they all wont be in the best interest of the driver but a few might save a slight bit of a headache. For instance, Im a cover driver, I know a ton Ton TON of routes but I dont know any 1 route as good as the route's daily driver. If the DIAD had a feature that would help in a situation like this.... I pull up to Maple Street, I have 3 stops on Maple 1969, 2012, and 2023... I dont know which way the numbers run on maple... the house in front says 1885, I cant read the numbers to the left or the right, they are all too far if I could (at a stop sign) click details on a stop and the GPS simply give me a right or left arrow as to which way to turn to get to 1969 it would be a huge help... chances are (50%) I turn left and the next address I see is 1861... well crap, turned the wrong way... all the down Maple to a culdesac or somewhere "safe" to turn around... 3 second look at the DIAD just saved me .5 mile and maybe 3 minutes. Orion is an "ok" system...a driver that KNOWS his route is smarter than Orion though. But for a cover driver, Orion doesnt help much, EDD was superior when dispatchers took the time to sit down with drivers to use EDD to make their routes more efficient. But I guess since we are just over payed, under brained, and hardly laid box jockeys we dont know how to run our own routes.

didyousheetit

when our center received diad v last november I started having customers say their name in the speaker. Well the last guy to finally "catch on" happened on thursday after I had a day off. He was an IT guy so was especially funny when he found out. The cover guy said he looked at him and asked "are you going to press the speaker button?" cover guy said " you don't have to speak into it " then he couldn't keep from laughing at him. Needless to say the victim of my prank said he will get even. He talked to me friday said that was great idea. I told him you weren't alone I did it to about 75% of my route.

bumped

when our center received diad v last november I started having customers say their name in the speaker. Well the last guy to finally "catch on" happened on thursday after I had a day off. He was an IT guy so was especially funny when he found out. The cover guy said he looked at him and asked "are you going to press the speaker button?" cover guy said " you don't have to speak into it " then he couldn't keep from laughing at him. Needless to say the victim of my prank said he will get even. He talked to me friday said that was great idea. I told him you weren't alone I did it to about 75% of my route.

Thats some funny stuff right there.

Sun bathers?
Funny story. Before gps I was covering this route and there was two woman sun bathing topless in there back yard and I could see it when I was driving by, so I texted a driver nearby. The next day I had a delivery two houses down and the customer asked where you one of the guys that drove by here yesterday? I like was like what do you mean? He said, there were three to four drivers that drove by here yesterday. I think they were look at the hot topless girls two houses down. I don't blam one bit. I just started laughing.