Cameras on certain trucks

GolfCart

We were told today by management , that cameras are working on a " few " trucks in our hub , so " be careful what you do " Hidden cameras . I have not looked in my truck yet . We are a test hub , for almost everything , so we always see new things 1st . Why do they need cameras with 200 sensors and GPS , and live feed from space ? I am not talking about back up monitor , real " spy " cameras !!!!! I will never understand UPS , even after 25 years !

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The only time (usually) there are "hidden" cameras is when LP is investigating a suspected theft issue. Usually preload is the subject. These cameras are really not that hard to find if you know they are there.

Johney

The only time (usually) there are "hidden" cameras is when LP is investigating a suspected theft issue. Usually preload is the subject. These cameras are really not that hard to find if you know they are there.
And what do you do when you find them?

oldngray

nowhere special
When I worked preload there was a sup who had the nickname of "the weasel". He would climb up in the rafters to spy, climb in a boxline cage and ride around to watch people, and any other sneaky thing he could think of.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
And what do you do when you find them?

Smile and work as directed. I always know about these. I'm usually requested to red tag a car for some bogus reason so they can install it. The last one made it a pain to install the telematics.

Last edited:

Johney

just always assume you are being spied on. If its not a camera its a sup peeking around the corner.
Everyone everywhere should live by this with today's cell phone's and such.I always assume someone is recording everything at anytime.