Cameras on certain trucks

BrownChoice

I assume ups has cameras... Knowing how the company operates, why wouldnt they? They love to spend money on technology, only to stiff the part timers making hardly a living.

one of the on cars here say once they work it out with union there will be cameras in ALL trucks. Saying that most likely wont be monitored daily, but in accidents, investigations, etc. its a joke. But of course, always blame the driver!!

JL 0513

Should be stop completing at delivery point. This way you get proper allowance for the stop. If you scan and stop complete at truck, you get no allowance for the walk.FYI If anyone cares

Is this right? I often stop complete within my first few steps to the house. Often times the rest of the walk is as much a minute or two. Loooong driveways where I deliver.

I didn't realize UPS is timing everything to that detail as far as when you stop complete during a stop. With these new one handed died 5's, I scan, and punch all necessary keys in a second while holding package in other hand. Sometimes I even complete it before leaving the car.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Should be stop completing at delivery point. This way you get proper allowance for the stop. If you scan and stop complete at truck, you get no allowance for the walk.FYI If anyone cares

Is this right? I often stop complete within my first few steps to the house. Often times the rest of the walk is as much a minute or two. Loooong driveways where I deliver.

I didn't realize UPS is timing everything to that detail as far as when you stop complete during a stop. With these new one handed died 5's, I scan, and punch all necessary keys in a second while holding package in other hand. Sometimes I even complete it before leaving the car.

ICU is correct. However, the only time it will matter is if you are getting a virtual time study. However (once more), you will probably never know when that virtual time study is being done.

​Good luck.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
wreck at my hub , driver was fired . The union asked to see the photos from satellite feed . 2 people from my hub saw the photos . Driver got rehired after photos were shown . Its all real ..............

Somebody swallowed a load of crap.

There is no way even UPS could afford real-time, high resolution surveillance from space on every vehicle on the road every day and all day.

​Hell, that many satellites would blot out the sun!

oldngray

nowhere special

He was correct. You get a few more seconds if you stop complete at the house vs almost back to truck but its not much difference. And since you can't edit its good to make sure you have delivery location correct before hitting stop complete anyway. Or if its raining screw it and record in truck and then walk off package. Its only an issue if you are parked by the house next door then GPS will claim you delivered to wrong house if there is a follow up.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Somebody swallowed a load of crap.

There is no way even UPS could afford real-time, high resolution surveillance from space on every vehicle on the road every day and all day.

​Hell, that many satellites would blot out the sun!

Here in Mesquite, Tx feeder office there is a flat screen tv mounted to the wall that shows in real time location of the feeder trucks as they are rolling down the highway. Real time info.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Here in Mesquite, Tx feeder office there is a flat screen tv mounted to the wall that shows in real time location of the feeder trucks as they are rolling down the highway. Real time info.

Wish we'd had that 15 years ago. A company I used to work for lost a tractor for about 3 weeks. It was finally found under and overpass in Stockton, CA with the newhire driver living in it.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It's sad in a way that technology has taken away your. free will. Now Big Brother is watching instead of God.

I will continue to leave it on the dashboard as much as I can. Just don't care

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If you are doing as you should the cameras should not be a big deal.

Agreed, but by the same token we do have a reasonable expectation of privacy behind the BH door. Some guys on rural routes pee in bottles, dig out wedgies and scratch their nuts back there; we also have a female driver who goes jogging on her lunch break and uses the back of the car to change clothes in. The driver ought to be notified if he is going to have a camera installed in his car.

RealPerson

We were told today by management , that cameras are working on a " few " trucks in our hub , so " be careful what you do " Hidden cameras . I have not looked in my truck yet . We are a test hub , for almost everything , so we always see new things 1st . Why do they need cameras with 200 sensors and GPS , and live feed from space ? I am not talking about back up monitor , real " spy " cameras !!!!! I will never understand UPS , even after 25 years !

And they still can not get the volume right on my shift...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agreed, but by the same token we do have a reasonable expectation of privacy behind the BH door. Some guys on rural routes pee in bottles, dig out wedgies and scratch their nuts back there; we also have a female driver who goes jogging on her lunch break and uses the back of the car to change clothes in. The driver ought to be notified if he is going to have a camera installed in his car.

My post was made with the assumption that the camera would be in the cab area only. I agree that cameras in the cargo area could be an invasion of privacy.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Running for her lunch break? Stair machine included with the job