Camping ! Anyone ?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
They won't make it that far, as soon as they walk by a home or store, the owner or someone else will shoot them.

You haven't seen the Jersey gun laws ! The only people in New Jersey with guns are the criminals and drug dealers and they are to busy shooting one another.

klein

Für Meno :)
You haven't seen the Jersey gun laws ! The only people in New Jersey with guns are the criminals and drug dealers and they are to busy shooting one another.

No complaint there - I don't mind when they take each other out. Especially if they are foreign gangs (asia, somalia, etc).

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Another not so good camping story was that I believe I contacted the "Hantavirus" while backpacking on the Appalachin Trail in the Shenandoah Va. sleeping in a shelter. The virus comes from field mice, breathing in their dust. I wound up in the hospital in Gore West Virginia for a day getting an IV drip of fluids.After that I have never slept in a trail side shelter again. Since then I have slept in a tent, under a tarp, or under the stars. So much for bears or snakes. I was about a sick as I ever can remember.The flu x 10.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Where do you get the idea that we just walk around and shoot animals??? that's crazy!

Your right ML . I have sold all my guns don't hunt anymore, just fish . Throw must of them back only take home what we put on the table. Although there are couple of squirrels munching on my plastic gutter guards that I'd make an exception for LOL.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My daughter just called she was on the Cape May Lewis Ferry comming back from four days tent camping on the Eastern Shore Virginia with her little family ,and my wife and I were just talking about all the places we took the kids with the pop up .My wife was saying about all the work setting up and packing, I don't remember it that way ,just the fun we had ! Good times!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Maybe that big ugly motorhome looking thing but the rest of them aren't even practical for the way people "camp" nowdays.

The best camping I ever did (other then with the family) was a pad on the ground in my sleeping bag and falling asleep looking at the milky way !

rod

Retired 22 years
I see the "Going to the Sun Road" in Glacier Nat. Park is expected to opened this coming Friday (6/15) as long as they don't get any more snow. Last year it didn't open until like July 8th. A really nice trip-- if you get a chance do it.

Going To The Sun - YouTube

klein

I've done it ! It's just south of the Canadian/Alberta border in Montana !
Be careful driving it though, it's pretty tight and windie.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Here a Stewie Montana picture:
Montana (2).jpg
Montana (2).jpg

klein

So how much does a bear guardian make. It don't look to be one of those "stressful" jobs.

I don't know, but sure looks like an awesome job !
I looked into parks Canada jobs before.
They even hire people during the spring, summer and fall months just to sit on top of a tower overlooking the forestry as fire watchers.
They even supply vehichle, housing modern cabin, and all food expenses, and other expenses).
But, even those qualifications they demand are pretty high standard.

Such as survivor training, the highest 1st aid certificate, pre Parks Canada experience or 2 years of Parks Canada volunteer work, just to name a few.
I think you also need some kind of foresty, wildlife/nature degree, too.

A job I would love and would be young and still going to school !

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Eureka Timberline with ground cloth underneath and a survival blanket inside silverside up (in cold weather to reflect bodyheat) thermo-rest self-inflating pad and a marmot mummybag .Snug as a bug in a rug in the coldest weather. Always keep your sleep wear separate(pack inside your sleeping bag) never ever sleep in your hiking clothes they retain moisture that will make you cold while sleeping. Pack your sleeping bag in trash bag so it never gets wet and always have a least 3 layers(moisture barrier) between your self and the ground. A wool hat is good if you are lacking natural insulation on you head like Stewie. Some of the best camping is in the fall and winter. Also it gets cold in the higher elevations all year round.