Camping ! Anyone ?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Difinitive Proof !
Bear.jpg

Bear.jpg

UPS Lifer

Read the article... Have not heard much about bear attacks this year. What a shame. It sure looks like Alaska does everything they can to make people aware and stay safe.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Read the article... Have not heard much about bear attacks this year. What a shame. It sure looks like Alaska does everything they can to make people aware and stay safe.
It's like those signs at the blowhole in Hawaii..."Stay behind the railing"
...all the Japanese tourists can be found beyond the rail with their cameras, getting a better picture ! He got closer than what he was suppose to get..........now he knows why

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
People don't pay attention to the rules . We were down the Outer Banks earlier in the year to see the wild horses that inhabit the beaches north of Corolla NC and the park service is adament about not feeding the herd. Some tourist fed a wild colt something in could not process and it died. Likewise the hiker in the story thought he knew more than the experts and wound up as dinner and what is even worse is they had to destroy the bear.Two animals died because of man's stupitity. Shark fin soup anyone ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I must be really weird, because I always obey the warning signs. I look at it like someone is minding my safety, not issuing a challenge.

I've always thought that staying alive is reducing your risks of dying. We don't have control of everything, but reduce your risk percentage where you can.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Ran into my Philmont tent buddy today . Some of the other guys want to plan a trip up on the AT in NY , Stewie better get in shape !