Can a 50 year old start as a package handler?

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
Hello.
I heard if I start as a part time package handler making $10/hour(California minimum wage), I should be able to make transition to a driver in about 6 years and make $23/hour.

I know UPS doesn't discriminate based on sex, religion, race or national origin but I didn't see it mention about age.

Do you think I can start as a package handler now and become a driver in 6 years and drive 30 years? So I'll be driving and delivering packages till I am 86 as long as my body can handle.
nah son if you're reading this, it's too late

jaker

trolling
I've seen a guy with exactly the same circumstances do just that: start as a package handler at age 50, finally get called up to feeders after putting in about 6 years. He's been in feeders for 4 years now. I remember one week when he first started they sent him to package for a week because of lack of work in feeders. Wore his old ass out lol. Dude was begging to go back to feeders after that.
Not in socal , the feeder list is 12 years long and that's after you get a combo or driver job

watdaflock?

Do you think I can start as a package handler now and become a driver in 6 years and drive 30 years? So I'll be driving and delivering packages till I am 86 as long as my body can handle.
Entirely depends on your location and the seniority list in front of you. Lets say you are hired and become a driver within a half dozen or so years, you're practically guaranteed to have one of the lousiest routes...

DOK

Hello.
I heard if I start as a part time package handler making $10/hour(California minimum wage), I should be able to make transition to a driver in about 6 years and make $23/hour.

I know UPS doesn't discriminate based on sex, religion, race or national origin but I didn't see it mention about age.

We had a driver START driving in his late 50's, still at it into his 60's.