can a p1200, or a p32 pull a pup???

over9five

Staff member
My understanding was that a P12 (which I used to drive) made a too long combo when coupled to a TP-60.

I always had to switch to a P10 during Peak when I needed a TP-60.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have heard some package drivers call a TP-60 a "pup" incorrectly. A pup is a 26' trailer. I have never pulled a TP-60. but I have only seen them behind P700s, P800s, and a P1000. I have some pics of some of these in my profile albums.

City Driver

I have heard some package drivers call a TP-60 a "pup" incorrectly. A pup is a 26' trailer. I have never pulled a TP-60. but I have only seen them behind P700s, P800s, and I think a P1000. I have some pics of all these except the 26 footer seperately in my profile albums.

yea a pup is a 28 foot semi trailer complete with a kingpin i dont see too many package cars with 5th wheels:laughing:

diesel96

Sure, bring the package car to Jesse James "monster Garage", bolt on a custom made fifth wheel hitch, install air compressor/ lines/valves/ knobs, beef up the suspension, drivetrain and brakes, drop in a heavy duty medium size diesel engine with at least 250 to 1000 hp, when all said and done, pay Jesse, couple up, raise the landing gears, attach airlines and electrical, apply air to release brakes in the trailer, and your good to go...

City Driver

Sure, bring the package car to Jesse James "monster Garage", bolt on a custom made fifth wheel hitch, install air compressor/ lines/valves/ knobs, beef up the suspension, drivetrain and brakes, drop in a heavy duty medium size diesel engine with at least 250 to 1000 hp, when all said and done, pay Jesse, couple up, raise the landing gears, attach airlines and electrical, apply air to release brakes in the trailer, and your good to go...

how about hook a trailer dolly to the back of the package car, then couple a pup to the dolly:happy-very:

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n352/carloscoy135/packagecarwithpup.jpg

it looks legal to me...especially with no air lines or electrical:laughing:

diesel96

My center won't let us pull this with bigger than a 800.

Let's see STUG, Coldwater posted this at 1:23pm today (Sun)....did you put your uniform on, drive to your Center, hook up a trailer,take a picture, return home, download this picture just for this thread? All in about 35 minutes?...lol...your like Speedy Gonzalez....

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
I used to pull a TP-60 w/ an 800. Then my route blew out so they gave me a 1000. I didn't mind the power steering and automatic. I thought I'd loose the TP-60 but then they put a hitch on it. It lasted until PAS then they made changes and I don't haul it anymore.

City Driver

the worst part is that trailer will have to stay coupled to the dolly cuz i accidentaly cropped out the landing gear :D

hopefully an engineer will fix that design flaw before they start mass producing