Can a UPS driver bring the shipping label?

bdauer

I ship my golf clubs often but don't have any "sticky" labels to print my shipping label on so I end up printing on normal paper and taping the heck out of it in hopes it stays attached to my golf travel bag. Is there a way for the UPS driver to bring a shipping label with him when he comes to pick up the clubs? Ideally the driver would also bring the luggage tag or "fly tag" that wraps around the handle of my golf traveling bag, but that is probably a lot to ask. Just curious as to if any of this is feasible or not. Thanks in advance.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
As a fellow golfer, and a UPS employee, I would not ship my clubs unless they were in a hard case. Just sayin'.

p228

Sign up for a shipper account on ups.com and you can order shipping supplies, like labels, for free.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If you do use a soft case, such as Club Glove, make sure you have a stiff arm in the bag. It will protect the clubs.

I occasionally check mine as baggage when we fly to visit my BIL in Florida, and I have a piece of 3/4 inch PVC with a tennis ball on the top that is about an inch longer than my driver. Works great. The baggage handlers throw things just as hard as we do, but checked through baggage isn't handled (sent down conveyors) as much as shipping UPS.

worldwide

I ship my golf clubs often but don't have any "sticky" labels to print my shipping label on so I end up printing on normal paper and taping the heck out of it in hopes it stays attached to my golf travel bag. Is there a way for the UPS driver to bring a shipping label with him when he comes to pick up the clubs? Ideally the driver would also bring the luggage tag or "fly tag" that wraps around the handle of my golf traveling bag, but that is probably a lot to ask. Just curious as to if any of this is feasible or not. Thanks in advance.

If you are going to ship once per week or less, the easiest thing to do is go to The UPS Store and let them take care of it. Luggage tags and a hard case are the best way to go.
The UPS Store - Locations, Services, and Franchise Opportunities

Could also try this company. I've never used them but it looks interesting.
Shipping Golf Clubs - Luggage Forward

Ill bring yiu some on Monday.

UPSGUY72