can anybody confirm this is true....air/coverage

BUCN85

Ok I am an air driver after preload. I have recently been added as a seasonal driver as well. The other day they sent out a lower señority driver to run air over me. I asked why that was the case and I was told that now I am coded as a regular driver so can't be sent out for air. Now I ran air last week. I don't know if it was because we were short air drivers or they forgot?

Johney

My guess and it's only a guess is that since you are now driving ground for season if you run air they can't dispatch you with as much ground work.

BUCN85

I have yet to run any ground at all this season. So that day I had no ground. No air. But watched a lower señority air driver run air. There is even another air/seasonal driver with more señority than me that is getting the shaft

BUCN85

And I already know my pay rate is $16.10. Now I might be getting this as a loader to. I will see tomorow on my pay stub online

cb1969

it's all seniority, you can file a grievance and you can also get a shop steward to talk with the center manager with you to get this work...though it will go to the most senior driver.

BUCN85

I think what I will end up doing is wait to next week where all 3 air drivers (including myself) that are also considered seasonal drivers are there and see if the work is handed down to the only air driver with lower señority than all of is. The one driver is very knowledgeable of all the guidelines so I guess the 3 of is will talk about all this

doolittle95

I think what I will end up doing is wait to next week where all 3 air drivers (including myself) that are also considered seasonal drivers are there and see if the work is handed down to the only air driver with lower señority than all of is. The one driver is very knowledgeable of all the guidelines so I guess the 3 of is will talk about all this

Why wait? Grab a steward, go to your manager and ask the friggin question.