Can anyone give me some insight please

STFXG

Except for those new sweat shirts!..lol
I ain't living in Oklahoma I can tell you that. When the couriers you manage are making over $80k and you are at $63k and maybe in 7 years you might be lucky to get to $71K? LOL...Yea its pretty bad pay. And they wonder why they can't attract any decent managers. You want to attract experienced couriers or employees that know whats going on and can make a decision? They aren't going to take a $20k paycut to come do that job. Pay me accordingly for the 14 hour days and all the crap that comes along with it and I might listen to your offer. Otherwise FedEx will be stuck promoting handlers and 2 year part time couriers into management. Great pay increase for them, but they quickly learn the pay isn't commensurate to the work.

I have friends in management with other companies and they easily start out at $80k and move quickly up from there. But hey if you would be happy to be a FedEx manager for $63K a year, they are looking for guys just like you.
That's where express is different. Promotions are quick at Ground since they are growing. It's not crazy for someone to get promoted within a year. 2-3 years tops and if they haven't by then it's because they don't deserve it. The only thing stopping them from climbing is whether or not they want to move again. Lots of relocating.