Can anyone give some good HR advise?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Exactly. "Because I like to talk big on the internet and never back up my promises to leave."

Ah, your standard fallback...attack me and deflect from the issue at hand. Let's go back to what anyone of us need when going up against the company...proof. Here's another example of how important proof is.

Courier Sarah is constantly being hit on by the SM. Nobody believes her.So, on her day off, she decides to follow SM because it's rumored he is banging another courier. Sarah gets video of said courier and SM entering the hot tub "lunch eff" establishment hand in hand.

Now, Sarah goes to HR, who ignore her...no proof SM is harassing her after "investigation". So, Sarah sees an attorney, who tells her to ask around and see if SM is harassing others besides banging his courier girlfriend. Why, yes he is. No more HR. Lawsuit time. FedEx settles.

True story.

MAKAVELI

Thanks guys. Ethics hr sounds good. Im just really hell bent on tryingto get this person on some kind disciplinary action. It just isnt rite for them to just say they went on a check ride and really didnt. That is just not friend in rite. Some of us are here do our jobs because its the only we have. And we should not allow people like this to make our lives harder then they already are with this type of crap. Is the ethics hotline number?. And i care because people should not be doing things like that. Lying about check rides. Really. Thats just unexcepptable. Even for this freakin place. If they cant do their job. They need some kind of discipline or something..
Yes I read his rambling nonsense, did you? I'm not one to question your obvious mastery of the finer points of law, but what falsification?
Falsification of company documents is an immediate termination buddy.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ah, your standard fallback...attack me and deflect from the issue at hand.

Oh good lord, you have the nerve to play that card when you've littered the board with some of the most puerile attacks know to the internet? Regardless...

Let's go back to what anyone of us need when going up against the company...proof. Here's another example of how important proof is.

Courier Sarah is constantly being hit on by the SM. Nobody believes her.So, on her day off, she decides to follow SM because it's rumored he is banging another courier. Sarah gets video of said courier and SM entering the hot tub "lunch eff" establishment hand in hand.

Now, Sarah goes to HR, who ignore her...no proof SM is harassing her after "investigation". So, Sarah sees an attorney, who tells her to ask around and see if SM is harassing others besides banging his courier girlfriend. Why, yes he is. No more HR. Lawsuit time. FedEx settles.

True story.

Of course it is!

BootsOnTarmac

If you take out all of 59Dano's and all of MrFedEx's replies, this thread might actually be helpful to the OP's questions. Otherwise, like so many threads started in the fedex forum, they end up into pissing / carping by just a few long time members that drift away from the OP's reason for posting. No wonder the OP's fail to come back so often. Too bad many see this as the only forum for FedEx employees worth looking at because the others suck or require membership to view postings. So many posts here end up with a circle jerk like this one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you take out all of 59Dano's and all of MrFedEx's replies, this thread might actually be helpful to the OP's questions. Otherwise, like so many threads started in the fedex forum, they end up into pissing / carping by just a few long time members that drift away from the OP's reason for posting. No wonder the OP's fail to come back so often. Too bad many see this as the only forum for FedEx employees worth looking at because the others suck or require membership to view postings. So many posts here end up with a circle jerk like this one.

That's because FedEx is a circle jerk. The OP needs to give some more specific information in order to get help. We've advised him to avoid HR and to document everything possible.

I go after Dano because he's a shill for the company, and he tries to deflect and/or steer the forums away from the subject at hand.

Many of the OPs here are their own worst enemies because they insist on going through typical company procedures instead of protecting themselves and being smart about it when management abuses their position.

Document, get legal counsel if needed, and never trust management, Legal, or HR.

Maui

Guys, what Dano is saying is that there is no proof that the manager falsified anything. The goal may have been set at that time from a 13 week rolling average on SPH. The code for a check ride is called a quality check. If a manager entered that and checked on the route, then all the OP has done is cause more problems than s/he solves. There is likely nothing good that will come out of that situation for the OP.

Best thing is to document the check ride request(s) in writing. After more than two requests, I would escalate to SM in writing. Depending on HR I would proceed to the advisor or his/her manager with my documentation. I would GFT any PR or letter and provide that proof. I would demand proof that the goal is attainable via check-rides before signing any PIP.

!Retired!

Yeah, and if I don't?

Eff that, I'll contact one when I feel like it.
You can contact one, if you like. But, unless you have proof, or the lawyer feels he can obtain the proof, he won't take your case.
Falsification of company documents is an immediate termination buddy.
Not always.
That always happens when someone comes on here to ask for advise. The posts always get off topic.

outtatime

OK, Dano. Here's a real-life example of what I'm talking about. I have video of my manager showing a fellow employee his newly purchased handgun in the employee parking lot...FedEx property. I like this guy, but if he ever tries to screw me, I have his Kryptonite on my phone...proof. The other employee just has a he said/she said situation, with zero proof.
So you're basically willing to blackmail him if he ever tried to "screw you"? That's a great plan. Cannot possibly backfire.