Can anyone help me? (UPS Australia)

jericho19

The tracking webpage for my package said it had arrived at my local depot in Brisbane (about 1hr from where I live) at 7am Friday morning and the last status update said-

Brisbane, Australia 08/24/2012 1:28 P.M. The package was left in a UPS facility.
08/24/2012 7:53 A.M. Destination Scan

I called UPS this morning and was guaranteed that it would be delivered by 5pm today, which it wasn't. I called the customer support again and they said they couldn't tell me why it hasn't been delivered and the best they can do is have the depot give me a call in the morning. Very frustrating to say the least! The wait is annoying but the idea of not knowing what's going on is worse!

I'm not sure why it has been such a long process considering it is a standard parcel, customs can't be an issue because it is no where near the taxable value.

Would be more than grateful if anyone can shed some light as to what is or might be going on?

Thanks!

rocket man

The tracking webpage for my package said it had arrived at my local depot in Brisbane (about 1hr from where I live) at 7am Friday morning and the last status update said-

Brisbane, Australia 08/24/2012 1:28 P.M. The package was left in a UPS facility.
08/24/2012 7:53 A.M. Destination Scan

I called UPS this morning and was guaranteed that it would be delivered by 5pm today, which it wasn't. I called the customer support again and they said they couldn't tell me why it hasn't been delivered and the best they can do is have the depot give me a call in the morning. Very frustrating to say the least! The wait is annoying but the idea of not knowing what's going on is worse!

I'm not sure why it has been such a long process considering it is a standard parcel, customs can't be an issue because it is no where near the taxable value.

Would be more than grateful if anyone can shed some light as to what is or might be going on?

Thanks!

jericho19

G'day to you too :D

Well just checked the tracking again. The page only jus updated with the same package left at a ups facility message . Apparently this happened at 11am (it's 11pm here now )

not exactly sure why it is being held for two extra working days without any kind of reason other then the status message .

moreluck

golden ticket member
G'day to you too :D

Well just checked the tracking again. The page only jus updated with the same package left at a ups facility message . Apparently this happened at 11am (it's 11pm here now )

not exactly sure why it is being held for two extra working days without any kind of reason other then the status message .
You do realize that Sat. & Sun are not working days, right?

moreluck

golden ticket member
His post said Brisbane 8-24. That's Friday. It didn't say USA 8-24.

Last I checked, Sat. comes after Friday in every country.

Indecisi0n

We cut routes that day , sent 4 drivers home, did an add/ cut 5 mins before start and your package got put on the wrong car. That car couldn't delivery the Misload because he had 230 stops when he normally has 175. You been missed. Tomorrow will be a repeat of today.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Sadly, the customer seems to be the last thing UPS cares about. That godawful stock price being at $80 is the marker.

jericho19

Sorry I should have been more clear. Two working days I was referring to are the 24th (Friday) and 27th (Monday). This thread was started by me on Monday night.

If what IndecisiOn said is true, than that's unfortunate people got cut. But even so, I paid extra to have it delivered faster and now it seems I could have easily gone with the budget option and have the same results.

texan

Sorry I should have been more clear. Two working days I was referring to are the 24th (Friday) and 27th (Monday). This thread was started by me on Monday night.

If what IndecisiOn said is true, than that's unfortunate people got cut. But even so, I paid extra to have it delivered faster and now it seems I could have easily gone with the budget option and have the same results.

Side note: Is it true that the flush of a toilet spins in a different direction than here in the US?
Sorry dumb question, but I still wonder about this.

Indecisi0n

If you paid extra to get it by a specific date and it didn't make its commit time then call UPS and complain to get your money back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Side note: Is it true that the flush of a toilet spins in a different direction than here in the US?

Toilets flush clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere, counterclockwise in the Southern.

I'm sorry, moreluck---was I right??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, The 24th was a Friday, not a Sat.

This is why you should stick to what you know and leave the operations threads to those who actually work here.

Keep it UPS related. The question should be if one pees into a bottle in the back of a package car in Australia, will it spiral down in a different direction?

Also, can you drink alcohol on the clock at lunch down there?