Can anyone.......I mean ANYONE answer this?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I work at the same pace no matter how many stops they give me. I really could careless about later air or missed business/house stops. All that is their problem and I keep it that way. I inform them of any missed services and they make correction which normally means sending a runner out to take work off me. They can do that everyday for all I care. They won't break me.
It took me alot more years than you have been here to get that smart. well done!!

JL 0513

How much do you figure a package car cost? Could be around a drivers yearly income. Extra driver, extra car. More insurance and registration.

But yeah, health insurance and pension is a massive expense.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Their pissed off because they think we make too much money, but who the hell would do this job for less than 25 to 30 bux an hour anyway. Dumbest most ignorant bunch of :censored2:s ive ever worked for lol.

JL 0513

Also, think about how much more productivity they get out of each driver who feels rushed by being over dispatched? Some guys may not change their pace, but I bet most do. UPS sets you up so you have to hussle. Think about it, how would your pace change if you were dispatched with "only" 8 hours each day? We'd be slugs out there.

Also, think about how much more productivity they get out of each driver who feels rushed by being over dispatched? Some guys may not change their pace, but I bet most do. UPS sets you up so you have to hussle. Think about it, how would your pace change if you were dispatched with "only" 8 hours each day? We'd be slugs out there.
Im a slug now, so IVE been told!

Kinrossy

Hey guys. I'm not new as I've been with the company for 11+ years and been driving for 8. Still part time and waiting for the next friend/t position (company hasn't replaced the last 9 friend/t drivers that have left) which is "any time now". I hope this hasn't been posted before and my apologies if it has but I haven't found a post regarding this and no one in our center talks or seems to know any reasoning behind it all, so here goes.

Does anyone know why the company refuses to hire any/enough drivers to give everyone (i mean all drivers), say, an 8-9 hour day, plenty of time with no pressure to get air off, sit down and take an hour lunch with no pressure, and a "normal" amount of work without having to go help some other driver that has too much work or having to stay out until 8-9-10pm?!?!? Have drivers in by like 5:30-6:00 so they can enjoy the evening. Do they not understand that the company is still gonna make a killing and the drivers are gonna be more productive, efficient and safer? I mean, what is the meaning of cutting a bulky town route out 2 times a week and then asking others to help the drivers that had to take the slack or even call in a tcd to help? With all of the o/t, extra fuel, miles and man hours, how is this better?

Also, constantly ignoring the 9.5 list and just handing out grievance checks with no problems?!? I'm sure this is common among the other centers but as I said earlier, no one seems to talk or know? I'm sorry but I was wondering if anyone knew why they operate that way? Do they get huge bonuses for running 50 drivers worth of volume with 35 drivers and do not care how it gets done? I have always just sucked it up and took a big one but after so long, I've started trying to see what's behind it all.
On a side note, this question sounds a lot like a "rant". As of now, I will never sign a full time bid sheet because of said reasons in your post. I suggest you think about it long and hard as well.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They simply dont care. You are owned because you are paid well. Period
Yup....i love when management tries to make examples out of the senior PTers...because they can...we all make too much money to quit. Me: Where's _____ today? center manager: he's suspended today for attendance. Me: Hey....what day do I have to miss to get suspended for next monday?? lmao

Coldworld

60 months and counting
People go faster because of bogus production numbers..and In most cases get injured or have an accident trying to make these numbers....period.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Open up the ohsa records of this company and really see how "safe" it is...we would probably :censored2: bricks...same reason ups is fighting to keep it from coming out

MaceFremonti

part time employment?
No, full time since '91. Believe it or not there was a time when if you came in, kept your route clean, and did a good job management would leave you be.

I did see the writing on the wall though and left the wonderful world of delivery for Feeders about a 18 months ago.......I still punch out at 4:30.....:cool:

Sent using BrownCafe App