Can anyone tell me about a ful ltime Road Driver job?

ranger79

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, and joined hoping to get some good information regarding full time UPS Freight Road Driving jobs. I have already completed the application, and received a callback from a recruiter in the Harrisburg, PA terminal. Before I even talk to him, I'd like to know more about what exactly this position entails. What is the daily routine/ normal work schedule? Does a new hire generally start out driving right away, or working on the loading dock, or both? The job description explained that it included hauling freight to multiple service centers and returning to original domicile. I'm assuming this means you are running nights, but are the hours managable if you have a family? Most importantly, is it a good job? I'm sure being UPS that it pays pretty well, but I'm more concerned with quality of life and not being run ragged all the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid to work, but I don't want to get myself into a bad situation. I've got a pretty decent driving job in FL, and am trying to relocate to PA, so this would be a huge step for me and my family if I pursue it. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!