Can FedEx SupplyChain Employees transfer to FedEx Ground or Express?

jimmyjam223

I wanted to know if FedEx SupplyChain employees could transfer to different subsidiaries like Express or Ground. SupplyChain is a nightmare with low pay, long hours, and terrible management and I want out. If you could help me with this question I would be very appreciative of you and your time. Thanks

dezguy

I wanted to know if FedEx SupplyChain employees could transfer to different subsidiaries like Express or Ground. SupplyChain is a nightmare with low pay, long hours, and terrible management and I want out. If you could help me with this question I would be very appreciative of you and your time. Thanks

I know you can't here in Canada. Ground can't transfer to Express as we're separate opco's. Only way for the other divisions of FedEx Canada to work for Express is to apply.

Slick silver

Look for a position and apply, i worked ground as driver before applying for a courier for express, and now I'm work for express pretty easy actually

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

No. Employees (except management) cannot transfer between opcos. You need to quit and then re-apply. One notable exception was when Ground was recruiting Express dispatchers last year. The top honchos move from opco to opco, as when Bill Logue moved from Express to FedEx Freight.

jimmyjam223

Slick silver, when you applied for the courier job with express how did you go about doing so? Did you apply through the intranet system of simply through you own personal computer? Also did Express ask you to resign from your job within Ground first and then reapply to be considered?

dezguy

Slick silver, when you applied for the courier job with express how did you go about doing so? Did you apply through the intranet system of simply through you own personal computer? Also did Express ask you to resign from your job within Ground first and then reapply to be considered?

You cannot work for another opco if you want to work for Express. If you want a job at Express, you will have to quite your current job.

Slick silver

That's what I meant. When I switched I had to get a signed paper that said I was no longer affiliated with ground from my contractor. It would be nice to be able work at the different opco to get more hours or more money. Heck I would work a couple of hours at he office for more money.... Maybe not

Sent using BrownCafe App

CJinx

I've seen Freight and Linehaul positions on irecruiter while working for Ground, so I don't see why not. This is a good question for your HR rep.

CJinx

I've presented evidence that moving between opcos is entirely possible. However, at the very least I pointed the OP in the correct direction. What have you added to the discussion?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've presented evidence that moving between opcos is entirely possible. However, at the very least I pointed the OP in the correct direction. What have you added to the discussion?
Ooooh evidence! What is this courtroom exhibit A?

Sent using BrownCafe App