Can I apply for food stamp with FDX uniform ?

**Fred

Like I said above , can I walk to Dept of human service to apply for foodstamp with Fedex Express uniform ( after punch out ) or will I get OLCC because make FDX look bad to the public image that Fedex is a good place to work by fortune 500 .

vantexan

Like I said above , can I walk to Dept of human service to apply for foodstamp with Fedex Express uniform ( after punch out ) or will I get OLCC because make FDX look bad to the public image that Fedex is a good place to work by fortune 500 .

Is this a serious question?

**Fred

Yes , its serious , being hours cut so bad in my area because volume drop so bad in the last 2 month plus rumor said my station might be close next year . I dont want to do it because someone out there might need federal assistance more than me but if situation dont improve I'll do it for sure .

**Fred

And I sign the additional hours sheet at my station but look like courier with more kiss a** to the manager got additional hours .Sad but true .

Ricochet1a

There is absolutely nothing FedEx can do to you should you walk into a state agency ("Dept. of Human Service") while wearing your work attire and apply for legally available benefits. If you "create a scene", or start dragging FedEx through the mud while doing so, that is another story.

In all honesty, there isn't anything to gain by doing this. It may be your version of kicking some mud into FedEx's face - but I wouldn't go to the effort. In addition, most people there really wouldn't know if you worked for Express, Ground, Freight, Office or any of the other operating companies - unless you opened your mouth... which WOULD open you up to potential trouble (very small probability, but you never can be sure). There are more useful ways of kicking a bit of mud into Fred's face - applying for food stamps while wearing a FedEx suit isn't really one of them.

Getting together with your coworkers and discussing the possibility of signing union representation cards is the best thing you can do to kick come mud into Fred's face. THAT is what he fears most - so why not help him to realize his greatest fear (the other being that he can't take his $2 BILLION with him into the afterlife).

whenIgetthere

And I sign the additional hours sheet at my station but look like courier with more kiss a** to the manager got additional hours .Sad but true .

Happens here every week, people with one year seniority getting extra hours over everyone! They kiss a-- and get the hours. I went to SM about it, now I'm on the s--t list!

LTFedExer

There's a FT swing that was SCHEDULED for 24 hours this week. Called HR and will get guaranteed 35 for the week. I wish I can go in, do FO, go home and get paid for 7.

**Fred

There is absolutely nothing FedEx can do to you should you walk into a state agency ("Dept. of Human Service") while wearing your work attire and apply for legally available benefits. If you "create a scene", or start dragging FedEx through the mud while doing so, that is another story.

In all honesty, there isn't anything to gain by doing this. It may be your version of kicking some mud into FedEx's face - but I wouldn't go to the effort. In addition, most people there really wouldn't know if you worked for Express, Ground, Freight, Office or any of the other operating companies - unless you opened your mouth... which WOULD open you up to potential trouble (very small probability, but you never can be sure). There are more useful ways of kicking a bit of mud into Fred's face - applying for food stamps while wearing a FedEx suit isn't really one of them.

Getting together with your coworkers and discussing the possibility of signing union representation cards is the best thing you can do to kick come mud into Fred's face. THAT is what he fears most - so why not help him to realize his greatest fear (the other being that he can't take his $2 BILLION with him into the afterlife).
One of my co-worker who was 25+ years try to organized back then when we got Brown bail out program going on and fail because no one would join him .I join him and talk to many co-worker but feedback that i got was " you should thanks FDX to have job to work and feed yours family while a lot of people out off work " and "why would you like to run in to trouble to join union " and something like " see nothing and get to work " . Well, I hope they are wake up now .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How does brown look on you-- Call UPS they are hiring, Remember we will get all that post office back very soon.

Uh...that's not happening.

To the OP---you are supposed to represent your employer in the best manner possible 24/7. Do not go to the welfare office in your uniform (unless you are making a delivery). To do otherwise just to "make a statement" may cost you your job.

**Fred

Uh...that's not happening.

To the OP---you are supposed to represent your employer in the best manner possible 24/7. Do not go to the welfare office in your uniform (unless you are making a delivery). To do otherwise just to "make a statement" may cost you your job.

Thank you for yours suggestion . I'll keep in mind .

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Take another shirt and go apply. I doubt they check anyway. If you qualify why not. You have paid into the system.
Im all for our govt helping people who need it. Its the ones who dont give a crap how they look or what they wear to go apply that worries me. Bedroom slippers, pjs, pants on your ankles. On second thought....................those will get you to the front of the line

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Wear the uniform. It is their fault you are in the situation, so it is job-related. I'm sure social welfare agencies will be getting lots of Express employees.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The agency is going to give you fits though, trust me. They have everything figured at 40 hrs a week, then here's good old FredEx that only guarantees 35. They will look at your hourly rate and figure it at 40 and deny you, then you can either walk away with your tail tucked between your legs like a good purple person or appeal that s*&t and try to make them understand that 35 hours is NOT 40.

Good luck, and who cares about what you wear there, nearly all the people there don't give a flying flamingo.

vantexan

Yes , its serious , being hours cut so bad in my area because volume drop so bad in the last 2 month plus rumor said my station might be close next year . I dont want to do it because someone out there might need federal assistance more than me but if situation dont improve I'll do it for sure .

It might be more difficult to get assistance wearing the uniform as many people believe we make big money. One thing is for certain, your getting assistance will not keep someone else from getting it. You either qualify or you don't.

SmithBarney

Doesn't matter what you are wearing the person behind the
desk is going to read the Application you filled out that says
where you work, and perhaps even see the last 4 paystubs
that say FedEx... the only people who might notice(but not care)
are the others waiting in line..

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Do you know the policy on additional hours? Are the lower seniority couriers getting planned or unplanned OT?

whenIgetthere

Do you know the policy on additional hours? Are the lower seniority couriers getting planned or unplanned OT?

They are getting planned OT, on the schedule every week. I may not get the extra hours, as there are people with more seniority than me on the list also, BUT, they're not getting the hours either. They wouldn't speak up, so I did.