Can I be disciplined for stack outs?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
If they are even talking to you, and you THINK you are being disciplined, demand a steward.

Do as someone else suggest, and file a grievance for over-supervision.

Best thing I ever did was start farting and acting gay around supervisors.

They rarely bother me, and if they ABSOLUTELY have to deal with me, they try to pass the buck on to someone else to do it...

No joke, it seriously works great. Try asking your center manager for a massage some time. Tell him you don't mind if he's a bit extra friendly with it...
^^^^^^^what he said. Boiled eggs , malt liquor and cabbage. Dont strike a match

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If it's a boxline, the best bet is to skip a light cage or two, and work/sort the heavy ones when you know they are coming (ahead of your work). Also, removing all of the larger packages first is critical...I see so many preloaders waste time pulling and stacking smalls ; when the cage goes by, it's still jacked full.

Preloading a boxline is far easier than belt-to-car, though...I never saw a reason to stack out on a boxline preload, peak aside.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've been working here for a little over 3 months as a loader on the boxline. My production is good, I always keep misloads below, or on frequency, and I don't stick out in a good, or bad way. My work has been interrupted by a gang of harassing SUPs on nearly a daily basis.

I've got a hard pull, so stacking out a little bit to stay clean is beneficial, but there is this one SUP in particular who is OCD about stacks. Yesterday, 3 sups came over to my work area (2 full time, and 1 part time), and harassed me about a few stack outs/ins. One of the full time SUPs said "next time he sets a package down, call a steward."

I've heard mixed stories about discipline, and firing here. So I'm a little confused.

Have you made book yet? If a sup ever try to run his mouth off on me like that, I will work so slowly to the point where they don't want me loading package cars anymore. There are many ways to screw over supervisors without crossing the unemployment line.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't really care about the harassment, it doesn't bother me the slightest bit. I just don't want to get fired. I'm a good worker who shows up on time, get's the job done, and I do my best to give the drivers the best load I can. I don't get why they would target me.
Job justification, that's why.

You generate revenue. They generate reports. If you don't come to work, the package cars don't get loaded and the drivers cant get the packages delivered. If they don't come to work....the ink cartridges in the printer wind up lasting a little longer.

I've been working here for a little over 3 months as a loader on the boxline. My production is good, I always keep misloads below, or on frequency, and I don't stick out in a good, or bad way. My work has been interrupted by a gang of harassing SUPs on nearly a daily basis.

I've got a hard pull, so stacking out a little bit to stay clean is beneficial, but there is this one SUP in particular who is OCD about stacks. Yesterday, 3 sups came over to my work area (2 full time, and 1 part time), and harassed me about a few stack outs/ins. One of the full time SUPs said "next time he sets a package down, call a steward."

I've heard mixed stories about discipline, and firing here. So I'm a little confused.

The packages go inside the truck

Maplewood

Do a :censored2: job like retarded supe is asking. Dont worry that every employee down the line is going spend twice as much time and company money because you just blindly crammed it in. Drivers follow Orion and get less work done than ever before so you in now way should feel you need to help out in any way. Just throw the :censored2: in like the :censored2: wants. Who cares anymore?

SmithBarney

...If you're unsure about what they want...ask them to explain or show you exactly how they want it done....and then do your best to comply.

This right here is the correct answer..
Give them your best sad face and say, I'm sorry I'm need you to show me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it...
By requesting additional training you are doing what you are suppose to.
Also by requesting them to "work/train" there is a good chance you won't see them in a while.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I wasn't in violation of egress with these stacks, they were within the yellow lines. Is violating egress what I would've been written up for? Or is there a specific rule against stacking in general?
#1 - work as directed, as has been said.
#2- find out: are others stacking out, too? And you are being singled out?
If so, first take pictures of your preload line at or near the end, proving that you are not being treated fairly and equally, since other members are stacking out. Don't make a big deal about it.
Then, continue working as directed, don't stack, follow the methods, let them bully and harass. Leave packages in cages or on the belt to blow by (whichever your preload may be)

Finally, when you are being disciplined (verbal, written, with steward present), show management your pictures of the preload line "unsafely stacking" (having your steward present as a witness in meeting) and promptly file a grievance/grievances for harassment, intimidation, not allowing dignity and resepect, Article 37 and all others that apply.

Mooseknuckle

Just let the packages that you don't have time or room to load blow on by.

When they start piling up at the end of the belt and falling off, you will be "allowed" to stack once again.

Most of the heavy routes in my building have "stack tables" between the rear bumper of the car and the belt to give the preloader room to stack the RDR and RDL bulk stops for that route. Without them, the ass end of the car would get bricked out an hour into the sort and the preloader wouldn't even be able to enter the car, much less load a package on shelf 1 or 2.

Stacking out is an operational necessity, especially when the route in question is already being forced into a car that is too small to contain it properly.
He said boxline. There is no belt.