Can I be made to punch back in?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
All those things sound good. But my job was threatened so I did it. The steward is in bed with her and they've ran schemes and gotten rid of other drivers. He's off the clock everyday at 4pm. If I new there was language I could protect myself. But I've gone through that precious black book three times this weekend and can't find anything.
Wait, you just signed up and already changed your username>? There is no language. You punched out. That'd be like the center manager saying not to monkey bump your chick or dude after you're punched out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
All those things sound good. But my job was threatened so I did it. The steward is in bed with her and they've ran schemes and gotten rid of other drivers. He's off the clock everyday at 4pm. If I new there was language I could protect myself. But I've gone through that precious black book three times this weekend and can't find anything.
Is she hot?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Wait, you just signed up and already changed your username>? There is no language. You punched out. That'd be like the center manager saying not to monkey bump your chick or dude after you're punched out.
no, there is language, not in cs tho

km3

One would think that you can't be forced to clock back in and do more work after you already clocked out, and especially if you already left the building. Talk to your BA.

If you were unsure, you probably handled it the right way. I would have continued on my way. If they did force me to stay longer/clock back in, it's turtle mode until I'm done.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yes, I changed name bc I think someone thought I was a person that had a similar one.
Dude you sound way too easy. Who cares if you had a similar name. The first name was the name YOU picked not anyone else and you should have kept it and told anyone who didnt like your screen name to fk off. And...You punched out but were bullied into punching back in.

Stop letting people push you around!

UPSGUY72

You didn't have to punch back in. Stand up for your rights. Also you didn't have to call a shop steward or a Business Agent to ask them is you had to your weren't on the clock and you already completed your work for the day. I would have kept walking down the street. It was an idle threat to write you up for not working as directed.... I would contact your BA and let them know what happen. Management basically bullied you into punching back in and you let them...

Last edited:

trickpony1

post#26-

OP may be alluding to my post "LSD 25" which was a recreational substance years ago.

Sorry if I complexed things.

Last edited:
You didn't have to punch back in. Stand up for your rights. Also you didn't have to call a shop steward or a BS agent to ask them is you had to your weren't on the clock and you already completed your work for the day. I would have kept walking down the street. It was an idle threat to write you up for not working as directed.... I would contact your BA and let them know what happen. Management basically bullied you into punching back in and you let them...
File a harassment grievance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't know about the Southern but in the Central once you return to the building (not even clocked out) you can't be forced to go back out. Unless you were told before you get back to the building that you would have to go back out then you do have to do it.
Almost true. You have to of worked 8 hours and taken your full break.

Holydriver

I did it. I called steward and he said do it...so I did it. Not to start another thread, but he is a pretty shady steward. Not a very likable person either. I wish there was something in the contract. But I can't find anything on it.
you shouldnt even have talked to her. "im off the clock and prefer not to talk to coworkers while im not being paid.."

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would have went home. You finished your job and were off the clock. They would have no way of proving they asked you to go help anyways, so it would be their word against yours and IF they tried to discipline you, the union would have it dismissed instantly

AllOnTheHorses

Yeah... hey.. I need you to come paint my house.
It's a little like that. haha.
Work as directed then file later is usually the best course of action. However this does sound way out of line.
I come back in, hurry to get my clerk packages processed and OFF the clock.. just to avoid being sent back out. I think they used you. File on it. See what happens.

edit... they should have messaged you via diad that they need you to help someone.. while you were on the clock in the first place. The sup was covering their ass for not doing that in the first place.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I delivered my route and came back in, punched out and was waiting on my ride when center manager told me to punch back in and go help someone. She said I would get an intent for failure to follow instruction if I didn't. I scoured the contract and can't find anything on it. I'm in the southern region. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

File a grievance!