Can I be pulled back to preload forever after being full time driver?

UPSSC

I moved from preload to full time driver after 9 1/2 years of waiting. Finished qualifying on May 25th. Every time a preloader quits, I am told to report to preload the next day. Granted I am getting my driver pay but there is a huge difference between 3.5 hours and 9.5+ hours in pay. I have been doing this without complaint but I don't see an end to it. I am one of the few without any misloads ever. Also, there are drivers hired after me that are getting to remain on their routes making their 9.5 hour days pay. Should I just keep doing this without questioning?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I moved from preload to full time driver after 9 1/2 years of waiting. Finished qualifying on May 25th. Every time a preloader quits, I am told to report to preload the next day. Granted I am getting my driver pay but there is a huge difference between 3.5 hours and 9.5+ hours in pay. I have been doing this without complaint but I don't see an end to it. I am one of the few without any misloads ever. Also, there are drivers hired after me that are getting to remain on their routes making their 9.5 hour days pay. Should I just keep doing this without questioning?
You've worked there 9.5 years and you've never heard of a grievance form??

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Erm, unless they are laying you off 1 business day in advance and your supplement allows you to bump an insider, you should NOT be accepting this...and if you DO report to work as a driver and you're asked to preload you get your 8 hour guarantee.

UPSSC

Is the 8 hour guarantee in the contract somewhere? I was pulled last week, so will be able to check this paystub to see if they did pay the 8 hours. Believe it or not, did read the new contract briefly but did not see that info. From a newbie, thanks for your help. This is all new and everyone you ask, gives a different answer.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
jaguars-fan-gif_medium.gif

Good God man.

We need to start keeping a record here at BC of who has the most amount of time served at this company without knowing the very basics of the contract. 9 1/2 years is a good start.

Anyone else?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
As a fulltime driver you are guaranteed 8 hours of work but since you have been "doing this without complaint' they have ZERO need to change the way they are treating you. If you work preload,after the shift ask them what route you will be running as you want your Guaranteed 8 hours.
In my local they have to use the lowest senior person and/or volunteers for extra work to fill Preload gaps.

UPSGUY72

Have you talked your shop steward about this ???? If not WHY not ????? Have you talked to your BA about this ???? If not WHY not ????

If you let them walk all over you they will so far your doing a good job letting them.

Tomorrow I would be talking to my shop steward and calling my BA. While your at it ask your shop steward for a grievance form fill it out and had it in as they are not follow seniority rules...

Tonight why don' t you read you contract the local supplement portion about lay offs and wroking back in the building and how it goes in your area....

Kinrossy

Go into preload in the morning. Make sure you have at least 2 misloads per car and you'll be back on the road Wednesday.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSSC

Shop steward is only in our building about once every two weeks so no haven't had an opportunity to discuss just yet but will be now.

Work right slow and safe

Well in the west if u are full time and they lay you off u can displace two part timers to get your 8hr. You need to get the number to you b.a. asap or call your local to leave him a message.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSSC

Two of you have said "layoff". What is the definition of a layoff in union speak. Received text while driving today saying I would be on preload in the morning.