Can i Be terminated for performance while on my Probation Period(20 Days There)

I have no writeups or nothing can I really be terminated legally? I come in early everyday. I make progress everyday and.my manager said I'll be fired on Friday

Buck Fifty

I have no writeups or nothing can I really be terminated legally? I come in early everyday. I make progress everyday and.my manager said I'll be fired on Friday

Get in the Union !!! You can do this Day 1. Find out who your steward is and fill him in on whats going on and being said. Most stewards can hold the company or this manager accountable for his actions. If they do fire you on friday, then file a grievance on it. Yes you can file a grievance even though your not in the union. Good Luck to ya.

Our hub is very undermanned and he expects one man to unload a trailer full of boxes one every 3 seconds in the hot heat and if we slack off he threatens the workers

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
If you are within 30 days of start, you are probationary and can be relieved of duty at anytime without within the 30 days without cause.

The below is on the Atlantic supplement and I am pretty sure all the other supplements follow the same guidelines.
you need to find out why they are letting you go.

A new employee shall work under the provisions of thisAgreement but shall be employed only on a thirty (30) work-ing day trial basis, during which period he may be dischargedwithout further recourse, provided, however, that theEmployer may not discharge or discipline for the purpose ofevading this Agreement or discriminating against Union mem-bers. After working thirty (30) days within a ninety (90) con-secutive day period, the employee shall be placed on the regu-lar seniority list and his seniority date shall be the first dayworked within any ninety (90) day period of his employment.He shall be placed on the seniority list of the classification inwhich he worked. In case of discipline within the probationaryperiod, the Employer shall notify the Local Union in writing.

Well its for not pushing out enough packages an hour which is impossible because the belt is small and has to be stopped regularly. One man unloading a.whole tractor trailer seems unfair

jcohen

Ottawa Preloader
Well its for not pushing out enough packages an hour which is impossible because the belt is small and has to be stopped regularly.
I agree with you, we have the same issue at our facility, the primary is way to small and they try to push to many packages onto it and they have to continually stop it.

One man unloading a.whole tractor trailer seems unfair
Yea, having one person unload a full trailer is unfair. Out of curiosity what size of trailer are you unloading as I've unloaded a full 53' by myself a few times.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
Our hub is very undermanned and he expects one man to unload a trailer full of boxes one every 3 seconds in the hot heat and if we slack off he threatens the workers

Since the unload standard they like you to work to is around 1200 boxes per hour, that sounds about right. Unfortunately, they don't have seasonal adjustments for summertime...keep hydrated.

As far as I recall, the reason it is called "probation" is that they can terminate you for any reason or none at all.

Returntosender

Well if he told your going to get fried on friday, and your not in the Union. Why are still you working? Would you rather put fired on a resume or quit.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Various management people have been trying to light that fire under my butt for 30 years. The marathon for this old fart is almost over and my backside is charred but I'm still in the race!
Make sure you slap some steak sauce on that well done ass so they can kiss it when you bounce.