Can i Be terminated for performance while on my Probation Period(20 Days There)

8up

i don't remember every unloading a trailer with anybody else in there to help me, i don't know that i would want anybody else in my way. oh yeah, not to mention i wouldn't want to have to be in there with another stinking mess. why are you willing to put up with all the hard work and crud for an $8.50/hr job?

UPSGUY72

I have no writeups or nothing can I really be terminated legally? I come in early everyday. I make progress everyday and.my manager said I'll be fired on Friday

Yes, that why it's a probational period until you make your 30 days the company can let you go for any reason and neither you or the union can't due anything about it.

iruhnman630

Being let go for failing to make m.a.r. (assuming they still call it m.a.r.) is a good indication that you and UPS are not a good fit.

rocket man

I have no writeups or nothing can I really be terminated legally? I come in early everyday. I make progress everyday and.my manager said I'll be fired on Friday
bull sh......... you are out of your mind troll then maybee you should .why were you coming in early? you must have been with the company a while ? why dont you know about your union rights? why didnt you turn in a letterr of harrasment ? why didnt you get a shop rep they violated your rights right there on the spot by even telling you. dont wuss out you get a shop rep and go to town on them. you call your local now leave a message for them to call you. if you dont do these things see ya i cant belive some of things on this site W A KE UP

Packmule

If you were part time before, you will go back to that. Don't know what happens if you were hired off the street. FYI, a lot of people struggle right up until the last few days, then it all clicks and they make it at the last. Happened that way with me. Good luck.

OptimusPrime

I agree with you, we have the same issue at our facility, the primary is way to small and they try to push to many packages onto it and they have to continually stop it.

Yea, having one person unload a full trailer is unfair. Out of curiosity what size of trailer are you unloading as I've unloaded a full 53' by myself a few times.

A whole 53 footer by yourself? Wake the kids and phone the neighbors. At my hub one guy might unload 4-5 of those a night. And you guys are talking about 1?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Initiation fees and union dues are supposed to start coming out after 30 days, of-course for me they started 2 weeks after starting preload.

S

splozi

Well if he told your going to get fried on friday, and your not in the Union. Why are still you working? Would you rather put fired on a resume or quit.

Would you really list a job that you worked at less than 30-days? Unless it was a temp job helping the president decide whether or not to attack Russia. That one would be good to add to your resume.

jcohen

Ottawa Preloader
A whole 53 footer by yourself? Wake the kids and phone the neighbors. At my hub one guy might unload 4-5 of those a night. And you guys are talking about 1?

1. I'm not an unloader so when they send me up there it's generally just to cover for someone who's away.
2. We only get two 53' trailers at our hub per day, I've done many 28' trailers by myself.

I'm not big on doing unload but when I'm up there I do my job and push out as many packages as I can and try to get the trailers done as fast as I can without over extending myself. Whenever the primary is stopped I will fill my rollers so that it's ready to go when it's turned back on and I will just relax and take drink while I wait.

Duha

Honestly, not to be a hater, but I been working in a big hub for 5 years, and if you can't push 1,200 out of a truck by yourself, or think that is to much work, UPS might not be the job for you. I am usually a sorter, but I enjoy unloading as well, and easily on a bad load I can push 1200 without trying to hard. Trick is you have to learn to let the boxes do the work. For example gravity when high, and when they are on the floor, wide base bend at the knees slight bend in the back, and u don't have to stand all the way up after each box just shuffle them on to the belt from that position. Saves the back, and it allows u to get boxes up pretty quickly using less energy. If you can't do it in any weather, winters are freezing cold, no shame in leaving. UPS is not for everyone it is hard work.

Duha

No offense, but when you get held up probably should just stop and do another task instead of stacking the belt. I am a sorter, and that is a fat mess when unloaders stack the extendos or rollers like that. In my area you are liable to get confronted about that though by the other hourly's on the sort.

Kis124

No offense, but when you get held up probably should just stop and do another task instead of stacking the belt. I am a sorter, and that is a fat mess when unloaders stack the extendos or rollers like that. In my area you are liable to get confronted about that though by the other hourly's on the sort.
Spa people too..I like to have at least an inch between packages...