Can I get fired for not working fast enough, and how could I work faster

MajorArmedMan

They have me unloading trailers, and yesterday I finished the trailer in like 1 hour and 45 minutes, and my supervisors said I did a good job on it. Today there was a trailer that had more Bulk on it than the one yesterday, and I spent over 2 hours trying to finish this one. My supervisor told me today that I need to work faster. Can I get fired for not working fast enough? and how could I work better and faster at it?. Should I push myself to do better than my best? Or workout during the day? or get better sleep?. Or what would you recommend?.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you have been there more than a week you should know there is no such thing as "fast enough" at UPS. Work "safe" above all else.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They have me unloading trailers, and yesterday I finished the trailer in like 1 hour and 45 minutes, and my supervisors said I did a good job on it. Today there was a trailer that had more Bulk on it than the one yesterday, and I spent over 2 hours trying to finish this one. My supervisor told me today that I need to work faster. Can I get fired for not working fast enough? and how could I work better and faster at it?. Should I push myself to do better than my best? Or workout during the day? or get better sleep?. Or what would you recommend?.

Change your screen name.

And, work faster.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
1 no
2 don't have to
3.no
4.no
5.better sleep is always good
6.reply " I'm doing the best I can."

easy-peasy

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
1 no
2 don't have to
3.no
4.no
5.better sleep is always good
6.reply " I'm doing the best I can."

easy-peasy
I told my sup one day I was doing the best I can...he said I don't need people who do their best I need people who can get the job done...I replied with LOL then I brought back 40 stops for the simple fact he was being a dick

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I told my sup one day I was doing the best I can...he said I don't need people who do their best I need people who can get the job done...I replied with LOL then I brought back 40 stops for the simple fact he was being a dick
yes, there are a 100 ways to skin a cat.

that's what they don't understand. if they treated people with respect , then people ( most ) would break their backs for them. simple golden rule concept.

By The Book

You sound like your in your first week, maybe your second. If you aren't able to work faster, and safe at the same time I think they are going to let you go.