can i get fired!!??!?!?!

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
If that package was sheeted not in and at the proper location as per telematics and you simply forgot to off load it you are fine. If package is unsheeted and/or tampered with or if you sheeted it not in at another location other than the address then you will have to answer some serious questions.

upser2004

i did not have to sign for the package in the morning....apparently my center manager was doing truck audits and i had a bag the when shook sounded like it had pills in it. So the center manager pulled it off my truck and brought it to the office for some odd reason. It was just a little white surepost bag..not a high value at all. And UpstateNYupser " i drive in the hood so i didn't NI1 because i knew it was meds" is not me saying i knew it was meds..........its me saying that the reason for me sheeting the package was because I'm in a bad area not because i knew the contents of the package.

upser2004

I don't know why my center manager was doing audits......it wasn't just my truck. Yes i scanned the package. No the customer wasn't home. Yes i put a service cross on it. Yes i loaded it with all of my send agains on the same shelf towards the front of the truck. Yes i made an attempt to deliver the package. No i did not know the package contained meds.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Unless I am told that a particular area is not a DR-able area, I DR everything unless it is coded by the shipper otherwise. I'm not smart enough to do my job so the DIAD tells me how to do everything.

upser2004

I'm aware that the package was surepost and the diad said it was ok the driver release but if you were in my area and the was absolutely no safe place to put the package and there is kids and drug addicts walking around everywhere....you wouldn't DR the package.

Cementups

Box Monkey
^ That's fine. If you feel it was unsafe to deliver them then that is fine. Just follow the procedures and you have nothing to worry about. knock, service cross, fill out and scan delivery notice, throw in FL2 with the rest of the send agains. No problem.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
I'm aware that the package was surepost and the diad said it was ok the driver release but if you were in my area and the was absolutely no safe place to put the package and there is kids and drug addicts walking around everywhere....you wouldn't DR the package.
You are fine man take a steward in there and don't let them bully you! You did the right thing!

upser2004

I don't think they can yell at me for not DR'ing a package in a unsafe area, my concern is that since the package is allegedly medicine and I didn't turn it into the office can I get in trouble. Keep in mind I did not sign for it in the morning, it is not a high value, and I was never made aware that the package was medicine to begin with. I know that when the day is over if I have a high value I must turn it in if I don't deliver it but that's not the case here. It was just a mere surepost, driver release package but who knows...find out in the morning

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't think they can yell at me for not DR'ing a package in a unsafe area, my concern is that since the package is allegedly medicine and I didn't turn it into the office can I get in trouble. Keep in mind I did not sign for it in the morning, it is not a high value, and I was never made aware that the package was medicine to begin with. I know that when the day is over if I have a high value I must turn it in if I don't deliver it but that's not the case here. It was just a mere surepost, driver release package but who knows...find out in the morning

You should be ok.

Just explain your reasoning.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
No you can't get in trouble. Start standing up for yourself they love to pick on the ones they perceive as weak. Yell at them!

Ouch

He sheeted all packages ni1. He's worried that since he didn't pull the drugs off he will get in trouble.

Ouch

i did not have to sign for the package in the morning....apparently my center manager was doing truck audits and i had a bag the when shook sounded like it had pills in it. So the center manager pulled it off my truck and brought it to the office for some odd reason. It was just a little white surepost bag..not a high value at all. And UpstateNYupser " i drive in the hood so i didn't NI1 because i knew it was meds" is not me saying i knew it was meds..........its me saying that the reason for me sheeting the package was because I'm in a bad area not because i knew the contents of the package.
The reason you are confusing people Is your saying you didn't ni1 because you drive in the hood. You should be saying I didn't Dr them because I'm in the hood. You sheeted all packages ni1 so you are fine. They can't fire you for not pulling off the truck when you were not instructed to do so. Don't worry about it just get your lingo straight lol lol.

upser2004

well I was in the hood and there was a lot of people around the house I needed to deliver to. No access to back door, no screen door, no porch, nothing to hide behind. It was line of row homes that I get signatures for 100% of the time to. If I had DR'd the package I might as well have just handed it to one of the kids standing there. Its a high crime/ theft area and if I get yelled at for not dropping a bag off in the street than UPS needs to be a bit considerate to the customer. Now apparently the package was meds.....but we don't know if its meds or not.....the only reason they are saying its meds is because it was a bag that felt like it had bottles inside and when you shook it, it sounded like pills in a bottle. Its pure speculation, the package could contain kids vitamins for all I know. But my Center manager is acting like I forgot to turn in high value meds to the office at the end of the day when that is not the case at all. The package is not high value and I did no wrong in my opinion.