Can I go back to PreLoad

RSection8

A couple years ago I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to being a driver. I'm still not sure. The job isn't horrible but working till 630 7 every night is getting old. I can't coach, can't ref, can't do this or that. I'm just not sure I want to make this commitment for the next 25 years.

Can I go back to pre-load and a utility/air driver? If so what kind of pay decrease would I be at?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A couple years ago I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to being a driver. I'm still not sure. The job isn't horrible but working till 630 7 every night is getting old. I can't coach, can't ref, can't do this or that. I'm just not sure I want to make this commitment for the next 25 years.

Can I go back to pre-load and a utility/air driver? If so what kind of pay decrease would I be at?
I know a guy who did....had to quit as a driver first. He went from top driver rate...to $11/hr preload...as a new hire. Lost his seniority too.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Is it possible? Yes. Odds of you getting it? Slim and none.

To go back, you would have to bid into a FT preload/combo position. You can't just go back to your old gig because you don't care for the hours.

AndUPSER

Bid on a preload/porter combo job or preload/EAM job. Probably some of the best jobs to have but not many want them because of the early start. I know a few people in my building start at 2:30 AM to be a porter, work preload from 4:00-8:30ish, then go home around 10:30/11:00.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

Not to be a jerk, but you should have known that going in or you just didn't pay attention or talk to drivers about the kind of hours being worked. You got 2 choices stay driving and make great money and provide for your family or quit and reach into your pocket everyday and feel nothing but your leg from being broke as a joke cause your not making any money. Eventually you gotta decide whats more important, making a lot of money and giving up all that stuff pre driver days, or being broke. Easy decision really dude.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not to be a jerk, but you should have known that going in or you just didn't pay attention or talk to drivers about the kind of hours being worked. You got 2 choices stay driving and make great money and provide for your family or quit and reach into your pocket everyday and feel nothing but your leg from being broke as a joke cause your not making any money. Eventually you gotta decide whats more important, making a lot of money and giving up all that stuff pre driver days, or being broke. Easy decision really dude.
And can I point out,..630 or 7 is an early day...lol

J

jibbs

I like the direction this thread's taken.

279px-KermitDrinking-Lipton-BeMoreTea-%282014%29.png