Can I go back to PreLoad

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yeah my reply was gonna be. I wish I got off that early everyday.

Even 8 hours a day makes it impossible to do the things the OP wants to do.
To the OP...wah. How many brown drivers missed a lot of their kids' growing up because they were too busy out busting their azzes till 9 or 10 every night. So they could put food on the table and pay for college educations so their children won't ever have to be out in the rain or snow humping packages to earn a living?? Life's a trade off.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah my reply was gonna be. I wish I got off that early everyday.

Even 8 hours a day makes it impossible to do the things the OP wants to do.
Yeah that part of the job does suck, but that fatazz paycheck deposited into my account every week doesn't. A lot of weak minded undisciplined people want their cake and eat it at the same time, guess what it doesn't work like that in the real world folks lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You spend more time at your job than anything other than sleeping. I don't sympathize with those that aren't sure in their career choice.

wayfair

swollen member
To the OP...wah. How many brown drivers missed a lot of their kids' growing up because they were too busy out busting their azzes till 9 or 10 every night. So they could put food on the table and pay for college educations so their children won't ever have to be out in the rain or snow humping packages to earn a living?? Life's a trade off.

Not only brown drivers... I remember when I was a kid and my Dad worked ALL THE TIME ... A lot of my friend's fathers were the same

Re-Raise

I can't coach, can't ref, can't do this or that.

Seriously ??? You want to coach and ref ? I purposely showed up after the game started so I wouldn't get stuck doing either one. Obviously you care more about children's sports than I do.

I mean it is cool if your kid is athletic. It gives them a little boost in confidence, but come on man your talking about giving up a million dollars over the next 20 years to watch some little kid's games.

Seriously ??? You want to coach and ref ? I purposely showed up after the game started so I wouldn't get stuck doing either one. Obviously you care more about children's sports than I do.

I mean it is cool if your kid is athletic. It gives them a little boost in confidence, but come on man your talking about giving up a million dollars over the next 20 years to watch some little kid's games.
Make the money,and let the wife go!

Re-Raise

My father farmed. I played a lot of sports. There were times of the year when he would have to work too late to come to one of my games.

I can't even imagine the thought crossing his mind that he should quit working so he could hold my hand every time I had a game. Come on man

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used to coach my son when he played Little League and Babe Ruth. Back then I had no problem getting off in time to make most of the practices and games and I will never forget the time we spent together.

There is no way I could even think about doing that today. We start much later and get off much later.

Would I give up a FT job just to coach my kid? No way.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You can only run your nuttz off for so long to get to those activities, then you realize after your body slows down with the wear and tear, that the finish line is far away and youd better pace yourself if your going to make it in 1 piece.

Overpaid Union Thug

You can only run your nuttz off for so long to get to those activities, then you realize after your body slows down with the wear and tear, that the finish line is far away and youd better pace yourself if your going to make it in 1 piece.

Yep. This is what would happen if UPS controlled the Olympics. A runner gets to the finish line as fast as he can and before anyone else. Instead of handing him a gold medal someone from IE would move the finish line about 20 yards out farther than where it was before and expect him to make it there in the same amount of time.

Cementups

Box Monkey

I would gladly give up $10k/per year to be able to be at home by 5:30 and be able to help coach my kids softball and soccer teams. My family is the most important thing to me. UPS just helps me to afford a little more for them. I do everything I can to be there for practices but I don't miss games.

Re-Raise

I would gladly give up $10k/per year to be able to be at home by 5:30 and be able to help coach my kids softball and soccer teams. My family is the most important thing to me. UPS just helps me to afford a little more for them. I do everything I can to be there for practices but I don't miss games.
I played all through school and even played college football. I have won and lost hundreds of baseball, basketball and football games in my life. The memories I have made with my father over the years have nothing to do with any sporting events he sat in the crowd and watched. Anyone who would even consider giving up a career to coach or referee a GAME is crazy. You might as well quit to play Call of Duty with your kid.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I played all through school and even played college football. I have won and lost hundreds of baseball, basketball and football games in my life. The memories I have made with my father over the years have nothing to do with any sporting events he sat in the crowd and watched. Anyone who would even consider giving up a career to coach or referee a GAME is crazy. You might as well quit to play Call of Duty with your kid.
Agreed, have to provide for a family first and foremost. Not about your happiness at that point, provide should be your main focus. Totally agree dude.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If I make $85k this year, how much different would my life be if I was making $70-75k instead?!?
And trust me, my dad wasn't there much for most of the sports I did either, even though he was done every day about 4pm. But I'm not my dad, nor do I want to be. I chose to have kids to enjoy them, not so I can leave them with my wife and expect her to raise them and only be a provider to them. Providing isn't just about money.
Average national wage is $45k. I'd still be doing pretty well at $70k.

Re-Raise

I don't want to make it sound like I don't care about my kids doing well in sports because I do. I have two girls in college now, one in grad school. They both were involved in sports. They have a couple of boxes full of trophies and ribbons and some good memories. So what? Our best times as a family have nothing to do with ballgames.

They would rather graduate from college with no debt, than have me there every time they ever played a game. My hours at UPS make that possible. It seems like that little league game matters so much when your kid is out there, but it doesn't seem quite as important a few years down the road.

I just think this guy is being very short sighted to pick coaching a little kids sports team over a full-time job like UPS.

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
My dad was ready to pay for me to have all that education and such. I wasn't interested. I would have liked for him to have been there once in a while. He's been gone twenty years and that's what I remember. Money isn't always the answer.

But it seems we are going to have to agree to disagree. At least on this stance ;)

Re-Raise

My dad was ready to pay for me to have all that education and such. I wasn't interested. I would have liked for him to have been there once in a while. He's been gone twenty years and that's what I remember. Money isn't always the answer.

But it seems we are going to have to agree to disagree. At least on this stance ;)
I agree that money isn't always the answer. I agree that time spent with children is much more important than material things. The problem I have is the obsession with children's sporting events. I see a lot of people taking it way too seriously.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not only brown drivers... I remember when I was a kid and my Dad worked ALL THE TIME ... A lot of my friend's fathers were the same
Agreed....I was using brown drivers for the sake of argument. My father worked the evening shift for years when I was young. We'd see him for maybe 15 min before we left for school during the week....he'd be gone when we got home and sleeping when he came home from work.