Can I go back to PreLoad

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When my son was young, I would either miss or show up in my browns to his activities. It crushes your spirit when something starts at 7:00 and you are still out humping packages. It made the times I could make it to a school activity more precious. Now he is in marching band and the vast majority of games are on Saturday. Won't miss any of them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It isn't that big of a deal if a parent misses an occasional event. It's a character builder. One event parents should definitely miss, unless you are the coach, is practice.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
My father worked two blue collar jobs at times to support us. He did everything he could to get us out of the public school system and into a private school because the schools were so horrible. I can't remember seeing my dad for a good 10 years of my life EXCEPT when he was watching my basketball games from the concession stand that he volunteered to run for discounts in tuition for me and my siblings.

I never really appreciated it till now.

Now, I am the last person he calls for help with anything (mowing, building, moving) because he knows my time with my family is limited, but I am always the first to show up out of gratitude.

Point is. You're kids are not gonna miss you at their games. They are gonna miss the opportunities you can provide with a good job.

Oh, and make the weekend count. Hire someone to mow the lawn and such. You can afford it.

Sent using BrownCafe App