Can i have an attorney present at my arbitration hearing

tallsaul

I have been at ups for 19 years with out ever getting fired but here i am there saying i have been terminated for verbally threatening some one in the parking lot at work and he has a few witnesses that are his friend including a supervisor .I kept getting bullied by this employ
months ago when it got bad but this has been going on for years and he seems to do this to others and gets away with it .I would stand up for myself but i would never put my hands on him or anyone else at work but he knew this and started baiting me . we have been told not to get in verbal fights and we would both be fired but they walked me out not him .He instigated a fight as i tried to walk to work bye guard shack he told me to fight him to hit him i told him this is not time or place then he took off coat and got in my face .there was no one there at begging but his friends walked bye and a supervisor was in his car at the end of confrontation but he started this. i think he had his friends out there because he knows what time i come in to work .
My supervisors hate me because i stand up for myself and others and been on injury's . i have tried to go full time and they have made it hard on me to get those jobs. i feel like this is there chance to get me out of there since they could not before .Union is not letting me use my witnesses that told me hes been plotting to get me fired for months as he would brag to them and union is saying ups will not give them video recording for that day and said its not looking good and we have to go threw arbitration .my question is.. union seems to not really care and union top agents are not really returning my calls and I am afraid they will do a back door deal so should i get attorney present at arbitration or just wait it out and see if union comes threw for me ?and if i do wait can i still get attorney if arbitration does not go good for me ? i do not get it
union got peoples jobs back for fighting stealing no show no calls i was just standing up for myself when someone was in my personal space ,,thanks everyone

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I have been at ups for 19 years with out ever getting fired but here i am there saying i have been terminated for verbally threatening some one in the parking lot at work and he has a few witnesses that are his friend including a supervisor .I kept getting bullied by this employ
months ago when it got bad but this has been going on for years and he seems to do this to others and gets away with it .I would stand up for myself but i would never put my hands on him or anyone else at work but he knew this and started baiting me . we have been told not to get in verbal fights and we would both be fired but they walked me out not him .He instigated a fight as i tried to walk to work bye guard shack he told me to fight him to hit him i told him this is not time or place then he took off coat and got in my face .there was no one there at begging but his friends walked bye and a supervisor was in his car at the end of confrontation but he started this. i think he had his friends out there because he knows what time i come in to work .
My supervisors hate me because i stand up for myself and others and been on injury's . i have tried to go full time and they have made it hard on me to get those jobs. i feel like this is there chance to get me out of there since they could not before .Union is not letting me use my witnesses that told me hes been plotting to get me fired for months as he would brag to them and union is saying ups will not give them video recording for that day and said its not looking good and we have to go threw arbitration .my question is.. union seems to not really care and union top agents are not really returning my calls and I am afraid they will do a back door deal so should i get attorney present at arbitration or just wait it out and see if union comes threw for me ?and if i do wait can i still get attorney if arbitration does not go good for me ? i do not get it
union got peoples jobs back for fighting stealing no show no calls i was just standing up for myself when someone was in my personal space ,,thanks everyone

Only company and union representatives, witnesses (during their hearing), grievants (during their hearing), and the sitting arbitrator are permitted at panel hearings. I've never heard of an outside attorney being present, but the hearings are typically recorded.

I don't see a 19 year guy losing his job over a non-physical altercation that didn't even happen on the clock if he doesn't have a history of workplace violence, but every case is different.

tallsaul

tallsaul

well i also forgot to mention my history of verbal augments have been adding up on record last few months because his friends are trying to bait me two and but i have never had issues with employs before this .when will they give me a date for arbitration does it take a year i have been off work for a few months ..thanks for you're help

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
well i also forgot to mention my history of verbal augments have been adding up on record last few months because his friends are trying to bait me two and but i have never had issues with employs before this .when will they give me a date for arbitration does it take a year i have been off work for a few months ..thanks for you're help

No one here can answer these questions for you. Only the business agent handling your case can help you with this. Have you been in touch with him? Have you at least had a formal meeting with your union representative to provide him with at least a statement? Have you had a local level hearing?

tallsaul

ok thanks i have been trying to get a hold of him and his boss but they seem to be brushing me off and i was told not to rush a date for arbitration bye old co workers union just keep telling me its not looking good because of witnesses that are lying for guy i had issues with,, so im not sure what to do if union said it does not look good for me as i never got fired before

tallsaul

i have already had to meetings with union and management but they seem to both not be on my side but union does make efforts they just not fighting very hard i have seen people do crazy stuff and they got there jobs back fast with only being at the job for less than 8 years

SoCalUPS

Your attorney is not allowed. Once the arbitration concludes and you get a ruling, you can then pursue a wrongful termination suit with your own attorney.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
There had to be more to this story ,, why is this guy bullying you ? And if he bullied others , in this pansy world we live in , why wasn't he earlier reported and him being fired for workplace harassment?
Are you leaving anything out ??

tallsaul

There had to be more to this story ,, why is this guy bullying you ? And if he bullied others , in this pansy world we live in , why wasn't he earlier reported and him being fired for workplace harassment?
Are you leaving anything out ??

the guy had witnesses and i didn't but they where not there when he baited me in to getting in agreement they broke us up before and i got in arguments with his friends talking crap to me .ups has wanted me out for a long time and now that i was about to go combo they may have used this guy to do so maybe they where working with him and his friends but i never put my hands on anyone

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

the guy had witnesses and i didn't but they where not there when he baited me in to getting in agreement they broke us up before and i got in arguments with his friends talking crap to me .ups has wanted me out for a long time and now that i was about to go combo they may have used this guy to do so maybe they where working with him and his friends but i never put my hands on anyone
If it happened around the guard shack......is there a possibility of everything being on video?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
if the dude took his jacket off and got in my face he would have been laying on the ground. You are off the clock and he took an aggressive position, that is self defense

tallsaul

if the dude took his jacket off and got in my face he would have been laying on the ground. You are off the clock and he took an aggressive position, that is self defense

yes but witnesses saw the argument when it was almost over when he was in my face when i was defending myself with words not fists but union and company taking his side