Can I still upgrade the service?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by thebrownbox, Jan 26, 2009.

1. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

I have a package arriving on Feb 28th by ground however if I were to upgrade the service would I pay from where the package is now or where it was sent from?

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

I assume you meant Jan 28
  3. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

Yep sorry :knockedout:
  4. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

No if its coming ground its stuffed in a large trailer with 2000+ other packages
    imagine trying to find a your red jelly bean in a jar of red jelly beans... its not happening.
  5. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

I only asked because I'm worried more or less that the screen will crack... I'm hoping the shipper was smart to add a lot of padding since the box is under a pound.

It's shipping from CA

But it IS possible to upgrade the shipping service right?
  6. brownIEman

brownIEman Active Member

Generally, no. Not once it has been shipped and has entered the ground network.
  7. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

More than likely your screen will be fine, shippers will put 1lb in
    to try and cheat the system to get cheaper shipping.

But no, you can't upgrade it. its in a trailer they can't just find it and put it in a plane and
    they can't speed the truck up(although they'd like to.)
  8. DownsizedUPS'er

DownsizedUPS'er missing my UPS family

as the others have stated it is not possible to upgrade the shipment while it is in transit. additionally, IF it were possible, you would not be the one with the "power" to do so. the shipper would have to make that request. but, that is so beyond the point, because the request is not possible . not only is your pkg on a trailor, it is in a large container, along with thousands of other packages. many containers on a trailor.
  9. King Of Queens

King Of Queens New Member

100 % sure that it can not be changed... before I became a pkg car driver I use to load the trailers and there is about 2500 to 3000 pkgs in there so it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Where is it shipping from and to where. It will only be in transit 1 to 5 days so it should be ok.
  10. evilleace

evilleace Member

What is it that you are shipping if it is small it should be in a bag with other small packages so it should be ok.
  11. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

well it's shipping from San Pablo,CA it was a slow day at work today so if this keeps up I should be able to find it in the car that has my route.
  12. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

it's a small replacement LCD screen for a phone, I'm more concerned that it might get cracked because it's a type that is built as one unit.
  13. drewed

drewed Shankman

wouldnt it need a new1Z as well?
  14. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

1 800 PICK UPS. Ask them.
  15. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

16. Bryishre

Bryishre ktm atv racer

Once you pick your service level it cant be upgraded. Ground 2day 3day any service. Thats what was said in our building