Can I take a knife with me while I work?

Amazon has these. Lace them into a shoe and kick away. 51u2p2wI13L__SL500_AA300_.jpg
51u2p2wI13L__SL500_AA300_.jpg

UPSGUY72

I've been loaned out to other buildings and worked in some pretty ghetto areas of Los Angeles and those drivers mostly told me they carry knives/pocket knives for self protection. I'm not sure what the policy is regarding that. I've been thinking of carrying one of my smaller pocket knives in my backpack while I'm out on route. I don't generally deliver in any dangerous areas, but I'd sure like the peace of mind. Any input would be appreciated!

You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Remember that if someone is going to rob you there is nothing in your UPS package car or on your person that worth risking your life for so give it to them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Remember that if someone is going to rob you there is nothing in your UPS package car or on your person that worth risking your life for so give it to them.

My son's new laptop is on board today---they could have the rest of the load but I would have to fight for that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yea because its not like you could buy another laptop. If someone comes up to me with a weapon I will give them a full tutorial on how to operate the car.

Today is 12/21. There is no way I could order another one for Christmas and there is no way I am going anywhere near the mall this weekend. They would have to pry it from my cold, dying hands.

Indecisi0n

Today is 12/21. There is no way I could order another one for Christmas and there is no way I am going anywhere near the mall this weekend. They would have to pry it from my cold, dying hands.

Normally I would bash you because I'm bored but I have to agree. I'd rather fight off multi people with guns than even attempt to go shopping in a mall right now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Normally I would bash you because I'm bored but I have to agree. I'd rather fight off multi people with guns than even attempt to go shopping in a mall right now.
Maybe others are thinking the same........go to the mall early at opening......get what you want and get out before the crowd comes. It won't be crowded then. At least that's the way it is in CA. .........people sleep in.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Maybe others are thinking the same........go to the mall early at opening......get what you want and get out before the crowd comes. It won't be crowded then. At least that's the way it is in CA. .........people sleep in.
Hit Sams at 7am, the mall at 8am, Price Chopper at 9. Outta town by 9:45ish. See ya!

packageguy

I've been loaned out to other buildings and worked in some pretty ghetto areas of Los Angeles and those drivers mostly told me they carry knives/pocket knives for self protection. I'm not sure what the policy is regarding that. I've been thinking of carrying one of my smaller pocket knives in my backpack while I'm out on route. I don't generally deliver in any dangerous areas, but I'd sure like the peace of mind. Any input would be appreciated!

By the time you pull out your knife, bang bang your dead....